Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Quilt shops near Duck, North Carolina (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilt-shops-near-duck-north-carolina-t225861.html)

dianeinsterling 07-15-2013 06:55 AM

Quilt shops near Duck, North Carolina

Does anyone know of any quilt shops near Duck, NC. I am headed there soon and am hoping to go to some quilt shops while there.

carolina quilter 07-15-2013 04:39 PM

The closest one I can think of is in Warrenton, NC. Closer shops may be in the Hampton, Virginia Beach area, depending on your travel route. Happy shopping.

Sunnye 07-16-2013 07:35 AM

Do you have the ability to use apps on a computer or iphone? There is an app called Quilt Shops that locates shops for you. I put in Duck, NC an came up with some in Virginia Beach VA, Carrollton VA, Windsor VA, Yorktown VA, Williamsburg VA and Bethel NC.
I can give you more details if you'd like them; names of shops and address but I don't know anything about that area. Will these help? Let me know if you want specifics.

FroggyinTexas 07-16-2013 07:40 AM

I can't help you with that, but I love the name Duck, N.C. It isn't quite Bug Tussle, Oklahoma or Dime Box, Texas, but it comes close. Good luck on your trip. froggyintexas

dianeinsterling 07-18-2013 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by Sunnye (Post 6180441)
Do you have the ability to use apps on a computer or iphone? There is an app called Quilt Shops that locates shops for you. I put in Duck, NC an came up with some in Virginia Beach VA, Carrollton VA, Windsor VA, Yorktown VA, Williamsburg VA and Bethel NC.
I can give you more details if you'd like them; names of shops and address but I don't know anything about that area. Will these help? Let me know if you want specifics.

Thanks Sunnye....I have that app on my phone!!

dianeinsterling 07-18-2013 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by FroggyinTexas (Post 6180449)
I can't help you with that, but I love the name Duck, N.C. It isn't quite Bug Tussle, Oklahoma or Dime Box, Texas, but it comes close. Good luck on your trip. froggyintexas

Thanks, I'm really excited about going there!

dianeinsterling 07-18-2013 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by carolina quilter (Post 6179459)
The closest one I can think of is in Warrenton, NC. Closer shops may be in the Hampton, Virginia Beach area, depending on your travel route. Happy shopping.

I'll check it out and see if it's on the way....or close to on the way:)

JustAbitCrazy 07-18-2013 12:33 PM

While in Nags Head last year I visited Shoreline Handwerks, 4250 Maritime Woods Drive Manteo, NC. 252-473-2271. It was kind of out of the way, and in one end of a large industrial type building. I remember we drove all around the back of it to the far side before we found the shop. And I remember there was another shop I looked for, but didn't find. Slim pickings in the Nags Head area, I think. But I did like Shoreline Handwerks, and found some fabrics I needed. I see you are from PA, so if you can stop at MaryJo's in Charlotte, NC on the way down or back, you won't be disappointed. MaryJo's is awesome. Take lots of money....

dianeinsterling 07-22-2013 09:28 AM

Thanks, I'll see if I can work them in!!!