Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Which Quilt Shops in New York State would you recommend? - ones that are definitely a must visit someday? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilt-shops-new-york-state-would-you-recommend-ones-definitely-must-visit-someday-t106397.html)

koko 03-09-2011 05:13 PM

After seeing several posts today from New Yorkers I started thinking about which Quilt Shops in NYS we would recommend to others to visit. Even though I have lived here a long time I don't have any idea about shops located outside my area. When I travel I am always on the hunt for other quilt shops to visit in NYS but I often have a limited amount of time. So which shops would you identify as "definitely one not to miss" from your area?

redquilter 03-09-2011 05:28 PM

Here in NYC you have to go to THe City Quilter. I used to have a summer house in the Adirondacks and there was a great shop The Quilting Bee in Queensbury. Did you know it?

RatherB Quilting 03-09-2011 05:37 PM

Quilters corner in Ithaca NY is nice. They moved to a new store about two years ago...beautiful fabrics and great classes.

Gram22 03-09-2011 05:40 PM

In Esperance NY, don't miss The QuiltBug. Kris is such an accomplished quilter, the fabric choice fantastic and usually there are fresh cookies as well! A truly great combo.

Kooklabell 03-09-2011 05:41 PM

The Quilters Attic in Pine Bush and Pieceful Choices in Vernon, N.J. on the boarder near Warwick, NY. Both of these shops have a good selection of fabrics, tools, patterns.

no1jan 03-09-2011 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by Gram22
In Esperance NY, don't miss The QuiltBug. Kris is such an accomplished quilter, the fabric choice fantastic and usually there are fresh cookies as well! A truly great combo.

I agree, I have taken a class there and they are wonderful! So much patience.

My next favorite is "The Joyful Quilter" in Glenville, NY. I am presently taking a class there and again, they are wonderful at teaching. So much patience! They just opened a new building, bigger and better!

Both shops have a wonderful selection of fabric, I could never choose between the two.

PegD 03-09-2011 05:51 PM

Dreamcrafters on the reservation in Hogansburg.

koko 03-09-2011 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by redquilter
Here in NYC you have to go to THe City Quilter. I used to have a summer house in the Adirondacks and there was a great shop The Quilting Bee in Queensbury. Did you know it?

I did frequent it but it closed several years ago. Now Adirondack Quilts is the place to go - you won't be disappointed. It's in Glens Falls in the old Shirt Factory building. The building is worth visiting as well since they used to make men's shirts there...it too shut down several years ago but there has been a revival and it now houses many artists and the quilt shop. Great use of the space.

mamaheath 03-09-2011 06:10 PM

I enjoy Patti's Quilting and Fabrics in Queensbury. This is my go to shop and next is the Joyful Quilter.

Lori S 03-09-2011 06:39 PM

I'm origanally from Buffalo and when I go back these are on the top of my list.
My favorite are :
Favorite Fabrics - Orchard Park NY ( an online , but they let you come in and shop) ... awesome selection great prices, staff is very frendly . Do check the hours prior as an on -line does not have same as a regular retail store.
The Quilt Farm - Not too far from Fav Fabrics - Really diverse selction , great location in the farm country , really in a converted barn .. its full of fabric. You will think you are lost when you go to this one.
Homespun Boutique - Ithaca- nice selection of quilt fabrics, garment fabrics , and awesome yarn.
Quilters Corners - Ithaca - On the same street as Homespun ( State street) .