Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Quilt shops not to miss in Western/North Western Montana (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilt-shops-not-miss-western-north-western-montana-t137800.html)

gotthebug 07-15-2011 07:47 AM

Does anyone know of any quilt shops that should not be missed in Western/North Western Montana? We will be traveling through there and I don't want to miss out. If hubby can fish, then I should be able to visit some quilt shops don't you think?

amma 07-15-2011 08:06 AM

What area/highways/interstate will you will traveling? :D:D:D

gotthebug 07-15-2011 08:42 AM

Nothing is set in stone. Our plan is to drive through Yellowstone and go north from there. We will eventually end up at Glacier. I can make detours for great quilt shops. :)

echobluff 07-15-2011 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by gotthebug
Does anyone know of any quilt shops that should not be missed in Western/North Western Montana? We will be traveling through there and I don't want to miss out. If hubby can fish, then I should be able to visit some quilt shops don't you think?

Which way are you coming from Colorado? That'll determine which ones to see.

echobluff 07-15-2011 10:50 AM

We (the group I quilt with) did our own shop hop back in May and listed below are the shops we took in:
If you come into Yellowstone from the southern entrance, you can make a loop and come out the east entrance and head toward Cody, WY. Friends & Co. is an outstanding shop (was recently featured in Quilt Sampler magazine), then head toward Washoe, MT. Washoe Quilt Shoppe is a quaint little shop on the outside and has a WOW factor on the inside. From there, head to Absarokee, MT. Cloud Nine Quilt Shop has some batiks you don't see most places. Cute little shop! From there, hit Hwy 90 and head west to Big Timber, MT. Little Timber Quilts & Candy is a must!!! You walk in the door and they have yarn on the left, candy on the right and the rest of the store is gobs of fabric. Besides the fabric, the candy is to die for!!! Head west once more toward Livingston, MT. Thimbelina's is over the top and Back Porch Quilts just plain cute. We had to stop our trip there, as that was when all the flooding began. From here on, I haven't been to these shops, but they're on our list. Quilting in the Country in Bozeman, Quilt Essentials in Butte, one I can speak for is Quilter's Corner Etc. in Deer Lodge. It's in an old bank. 3 floors of fabric!!! I could spend an entire day in there!!! This one is over the top too!!! Moving on, Deer Country Quilts in Seeley Lake, Timeless Quilts & Friends in Missoula and finally, Glacier Quilts in Kalispell. Google them all and see if you'd be interested!!! Hope I've sparked some interest! Have fun!!!

gotthebug 07-15-2011 11:13 AM

All I can say is WOW! You all are great. Ask and you shall receive.

echobluff 07-15-2011 11:23 AM

Any way I can "enable" someone with the same affliction I suffer from, is time well spent! LOL