Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Quilt Shops (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilt-shops-t90546.html)

ranae 01-14-2011 04:36 PM

I would like it if the Quilt Shops would stay open later at night. All of them close at 5pm. Most of us work till that time. We live to far to go at lunch time. Saturdays are the time we spend with the kids at sports and winter outings. They are closed on Sundays. UG!

sidmona 01-14-2011 04:39 PM

My LQS is open to 7pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Gotta love it.

maryb119 01-14-2011 04:45 PM

Our LQS is open til & PM on Thursday nights.

Mattee 01-14-2011 05:14 PM

Mine doesn't even stay open until 5! I think you're right, they should have at least one night each week when the stay open later. I've had the same complaint about needlework shops.

carolaug 01-14-2011 05:16 PM

I have the same issue,,,I would buy more at the LQS if they stayed open later...I work till 5pm...same with a lot of consignment shops. I would stop on the way home but they are all closed

BellaBoo 01-14-2011 05:20 PM

Why would a quilt shop open before 10 am anyway? I would open at 1 pm and stay open until 9 pm. , if I had a quilt shop and just starting out, and never be closed on a weekend.

Jennifer22206 01-14-2011 05:25 PM

my (not so local) LQS closes at 3 or 4.. opens at 11. I'm at work then, or I have to pick up my daughter from my moms. And it's a 45 minute drive to get there.

If I had a Quilt Shop, I'd open up around 7 AM and close at 9 or 10 PM. I'd have one or two nights a month were we could all do a "sew in" and close up around midnight. Endless coffee or tea too. But, that's just me.

Mattee 01-14-2011 05:32 PM

That would make me sad. I usually am there first thing, and wouldn't get to go so often if it didn't open until the afternoon.

I wonder if the hours are due in part to the myth that it's only old ladies (hence, retired/not working) that quilt? Even a lot of quilters believe that one, and such people can go during the day.

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
Why would a quilt shop open before 10 am anyway? I would open at 1 pm and stay open until 9 pm. , if I had a quilt shop and just starting out, and never be closed on a weekend.

Renee110 01-14-2011 05:47 PM

Horse tack store are the same. Close at 5 and close at noon on Sat and closed all day Sun. Back when I had an office job I never really got to go to the tack stores. They should be like hairdressers and take Mondays off and stay open all day Saturday.

JanTx 01-14-2011 06:01 PM

Ours closes at 5:30 - I can never make it there by then, but is open 10 - 3:00 on Saturday. They are closed on Monday and I can't figure out why, but the day I absolutely want to find a way to get there is ... Monday! During December all our little shops in our small town stayed open until 7:00 PM on Thursdays. That was NICE!

I understand - our little stores are family owned and ... you gotta leave time for family.