Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Quilt show Sunday--and it's just me. Suggestions? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilt-show-sunday-its-just-me-suggestions-t23880.html)

barnbum 08-09-2009 03:51 AM

Just a note though is to count before and after! If you could, number each piece to make sure you have them all. Little accidents happen and I would hate for you to not return with all your pieces.
Hmm--there are so many--so I thought to help with that and help separate for sale from not for sale--after I show the not for sale pieces, I'll fold them up and put them back into the clothes baskets. The for sale stuff will be on a table with a green sheet underneath.

It takes a lot of packing for the bigger items. Goodness--I'm using clear kitchen garbage bags and five clothes baskets...

Hubby might stay home if it doesn't rain... so much to do here with the lawn. If it rains--he's coming. :wink:

MsSage 08-09-2009 06:34 AM

Waiting for PICS
I am sure you had an awesome time :D :D

barnbum 08-09-2009 06:50 AM

It's not till 2:00--it's only 10:50 here. :wink:

Everything is packed--over 50 items not for sale and about the same for sale--mostly small stuff....

thimblebug6000 08-09-2009 06:56 AM

The residents will love it, and some will have stories of their own about sitting with their grandmas, mothers, or friends and quilting by the lantern light.
When I went to where my Mom lived, I brought along a few friends & we made up a few "cheater" panels and sat out and let a few of them do some stitching. We only did a show & tell not a sale so was different than what you'll be up to. It's wonderful that you're giving these special people a "treat" today, hope it all works out well for you.

Esqmommy 08-09-2009 07:00 AM

I always think the "back story" is fun - tidbits they may not know about a block, how it came about, or a quilt...how you made it, who it was for, why....

barnbum 08-09-2009 07:32 AM

Oh--I have three old quilts I think my great-grandmother made--they'll LOVE those. One's a yo-yo pattern. And I have the quilt I loved as a child--and the first quilt I ever made--funny story to go with that. And the quilt I made for my grandmother. And I think I have a blooper story for every piece! :lol:

I hope they share stories!!

barnbum 08-09-2009 02:22 PM

It went great! I'll post details with photos later--I need to head to the barn. I guess the post should go to Pictures... look for them there tonight. :D

oksewglad 08-09-2009 02:48 PM

What a wonderful idea :!: The residents must love it :lol:

Granny B 08-13-2009 10:37 AM

You have a kind, good heart to take the time for these people in the nursing home. They're so hungry for anything that takes away the dull long hours when they're there.

I have a three-pound poodle who is a certified Therapy Dog and when we go to visit, we have such a hard time leaving. I sometimes feel selfish about it because I know that I get more out of it than anyone.

God Bless You for what you're doing.

dizzy 08-13-2009 07:45 PM

go an enjoy it i can remeber when i went to flee markets with my aunt who done toll painting we had lots of fun an met alot of people an on top of quilting i can toll paint to jack of all trades they say