Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Quilt Show (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilt-show-t37321.html)

Camping Betty 02-18-2010 04:30 PM

Does every one get nervous when the enter a quilt in a show?
I keep thinking is it good enough
Have I messed up some where
will I be embarrassed.
this is my first time maybe my last LOL

Jim's Gem 02-18-2010 04:42 PM

I have never entered a quilt in a show. Not sure if I want to. Hope you do well!!

Olivia's Grammy 02-18-2010 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by Jim's Gem
I have never entered a quilt in a show. Not sure if I want to. Hope you do well!!

I don't think I'll ever enter a quilt show. My feelings would get hurt when they started pointing out all my mistakes. Good luck to you.

peppermint31 02-18-2010 05:25 PM

I think it is fun to enter a show. every Quilt has something unusual about it & I very much enjoy going to the national shows.Didn't win any prizes but it was nice to share my work. often times I would pick a different quit for 1st place than the judges did. It depends to a degree on the likes & dislikes of the judges so I am not offended by the judges comments. I generally learn something from having the quilt judged

mosquitosewgirl 02-18-2010 08:53 PM

Yes, everyone gets nervous.
If you didn't care, you wouldn't get nervous.
Because you care, you did a great job!
One of the best things about entering in a quilt show is that is can be a great learning experience if you let it. Take every comment from the judges as a helpful hint, whether it is framed that way or not and you will not only have conquered your fear of entering a show, but you will have also learned a lot about your strengths and weaknesses. Good Luck! I know you'll do great!

retrogirl02 02-18-2010 10:29 PM

I've not entered a show but wish you best of luck with the process. I do hope you'll share tips about your experience.

Hinterland 02-19-2010 04:41 AM

I've entered shows. Whether I win or not, it's nice seeing my quilt hang. The judges comment on the good stuff as well as pointing out areas where I can improve, so all in all it's a positive experience.

Janet

quiltykat 02-19-2010 04:53 AM

I know what you mean. Tomarrow I will be turning in four quilts to my first judged quilt show. I have entered quilts previously into quilt shows that were not judged and that was fun. I've been told that it is a good learning experience to get judge's comments. We'll see. What part of Arkansas are you in. I lived in the Hope area about thirty years ago.

Camping Betty 02-19-2010 05:21 AM

I live in Fouke Ar just 20 miles from Texarkana
I love to go to the quilt shows but this is my first time to enter one

Dodie 02-20-2010 06:25 PM

Good luck in the quilt show l have entered many and it is a great learning place as you will learn your weak and strong points post a pic of your quilt bet it is a beauty