Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Quilt tops (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilt-tops-t101749.html)

Ritacarl 02-21-2011 11:55 AM

I'm just wondering, where do you quilters store your quilts? I see some of you have antique quilts plus the ones you make. I have the 3 I've done and now am working on another one and just don't know where I'm going to stash it. I can't give them away because the first one was my FIRST one, the second a Christmas quilt for me and the third is the tumbling blocks and want to use it as a summer quilt on our bed. Just give me a few suggestions, please.
Thanks, Rita

littlehud 02-21-2011 11:59 AM

Mine are all on my kids beds, my bed and my family members beds.

katiescraftshop 02-21-2011 12:02 PM

My house is full, beds, over couches and chairs, as well as 4 different quilt racks between several rooms and 2 that hang on the walls. If your cold at my house...it's your own fault.

cuppi duke 02-21-2011 12:02 PM

I emptied out my linen closet and store mine in there. I used to use a blanket chest but I have too many now so my sheets and pillowcases are in the blanket chest.

hobbykat1955 02-21-2011 12:19 PM

There are quilt display cabinets...I also hang a reg curtain rod on an empty wall and use the clip hangers to hang them...easy to rotate and change out.

dunster 02-21-2011 12:33 PM

Most of mine are stacked on the guest bed, until a guest comes, and then they're folded and stacked on top of a cedar chest in the guest room. Actually I think they're still there...

gale 02-21-2011 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by katiescraftshop
If your cold at my house...it's your own fault.

I love that. :D When I finally get a few made, I'm hoping to have my entire house draped in quilts. :mrgreen:

dltaylor 02-21-2011 12:43 PM

When mine are not on the bed, I store mine in the plastic zip bags that comforters come out of when you buy them from the store.

ckcowl 02-21-2011 01:07 PM

linen closet, coat closet, on the beds on quilt racks, hanging over windows, hanging on the walls, in a big trunk in the living room, ...in the trunk of the car, in the back seat of the car, in the garage, and in stacks in the sewing room closet...i think if you entered my home and opened most any door...you would probably find a quilt or two...except in the kitchen cupboards...but then again, i've made quilted placemats and plenty of table toppers, so i guess they are in the kitchen too :thumbup:

DawnMarie 02-21-2011 03:07 PM

I've got them on beds and hanging over chairs.

My friend has hers folded neatly on the shelves of a hutch with glass doors.

Another friend's husband passed, she got rid of the guns, and now she uses the gun case for quilt storage. The glass door allows them to be viewed easily.

I have heard that you shouldn't store them in a cedar chest. Over time the cedar will cause color damage.