Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   quilted games anyone? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilted-games-anyone-t79308.html)

AlisaQuilts 11-28-2010 05:49 PM

They all sound good! i've never played Tribulation, Backgamon, or Tripoli. I'll have to google the rules! I love twister ND THE TIC TAC TOE would be easy.

raptureready 11-28-2010 06:50 PM

There's fabric that's printed with a regular size Monopoly board. All you need to do is get the other pieces. I bought several old Monopoly games on garage sales until I had enough pieces to make up the game.

GrannieAnnie 11-28-2010 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by Alisapao730
I want ot make al my gifts this year. Since I began quilting, that is all I wish to do! Go figure, right? Well, I have a girl int he family who loves board games, so I thought I'd make a quilted checker board and make the chips from Yo yo's. Does anyone know of any other quilted games to make? I've seen the Sudoku quilt's, I thought about making a grid board and keep the 9 sets of 9 blocks separate so you could have a different game each time. Any ideas?

sometime-------------I intend to make a checkerboard with quilt blocks----------except each black square will be a counted cross stitch block rather than pieced. If I can ever find 32 patterns that are about the same sized.

G'ma Kay 11-28-2010 07:51 PM

tic tac toe

AlisaQuilts 11-28-2010 08:16 PM

That sounds like it will take too long, but oh so nice it will be!

Originally Posted by GrannieAnnie

Originally Posted by Alisapao730
I want ot make al my gifts this year. Since I began quilting, that is all I wish to do! Go figure, right? Well, I have a girl int he family who loves board games, so I thought I'd make a quilted checker board and make the chips from Yo yo's. Does anyone know of any other quilted games to make? I've seen the Sudoku quilt's, I thought about making a grid board and keep the 9 sets of 9 blocks separate so you could have a different game each time. Any ideas?

sometime-------------I intend to make a checkerboard with quilt blocks----------except each black square will be a counted cross stitch block rather than pieced. If I can ever find 32 patterns that are about the same sized.

Willa 11-28-2010 08:30 PM

Ropes and ladders (aka chutes and ladders)

Judith 11-29-2010 05:41 AM

There's a game board pattern on Kaye Wood's site that looks pretty cute. It has three or four games on it. She also has a video showing how to make it. I think you can even watch part of the video in her free section.

Fabaddict 11-29-2010 06:17 AM

there is a pattern for a game quilt out there that has 5 or 6 games on it. I made those one year for my grandsons and put different games on each quilt. Was a very good inventment. Can be used over an dover again.

SewExtremeSeams 11-29-2010 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by G'ma Kay
tic tac toe

I recently saw where someone had placed circle magnets inside a quilt tic tac toe game and then the pieces also had a circle magnet in each piece. You could also do this with a checker board.
:-D

IBQUILTIN 11-29-2010 08:43 AM

Oh my goodness The possibilities are endless. What about Backgammon? Look at any boardgame and have fun. Should be an interesting project,