Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   quilter's dilemma (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilters-dilemma-t204973.html)

stillclock 11-03-2012 08:21 AM

quilter's dilemma

i have a quilt that needs two borders quilted and the binding completed.

i have an ongoing handquilting project that's not going to be completed through good thoughts.

i have a basted quilt that can wait.

but...i designed a quilt last night and all i want to do is start working on it! i have everything i need to do it too, but it's gorgeous outside and retreating to the dark basement to quilt seems like a waste of a tremendously beautiful day.

so many sad stories...we should all be so sad!

aileen

Jo C 11-03-2012 08:30 AM

Yep, i feel your pain. I have VOWED not to start another project till i finish the 4 i have going. Now once i have top, back and binding made its"finished " to me. Waiting to be quilted doesn't count for me....maybe that's why i have 8 quilts in the quilting queue!

crafty pat 11-03-2012 08:35 AM

We had such beautiful weather this week and I felt to guilty to enjoy it. All I could think about were all those suffering on the East coast. My prayers are with them all.

DogHouseMom 11-03-2012 08:36 AM

I'm in a similar situation!! I'm in a block swap and I have ONE more block to finish but I need to get fabric for it. I have other things I *can* do ... but none of them are "speaking" to me today. I keep wandering into the sewing room, picking a project up and putting it down for lack of inspiration. All I can think of is the block for the swap that I want to complete - and the fabric is on it's way in the mail.

So instead I gave my dog a bath. :(

Just Me... 11-03-2012 10:22 AM

I'm on a two-for-one (self-imposed) schedule right now. I have to finish two UFOs before starting another new. It's working! I've already picked out 10 or 20 different patterns for my next one.....talk about motivation to finish up those UFOs! ROFL

stillclock 11-03-2012 11:02 AM

well that was inevitable. it clouded over.

i am in the basement cutting, not quilting....

:)

aileen

forestquilter 11-03-2012 11:08 AM

My delemma today is to buy or not to buy, I have an opportunity to buy an APQS Ultima II, 12". It will end up in my living room. Will I use it as much as I think? I've never owned a long arm.

QuiltnLady1 11-03-2012 11:23 AM

Sigh -- isn't this why we all have UFOs. I keep telling myself to finish a UFO (its been sitting around too long to be a project) and I have something else I want to make now -- and did I mention I have my eye on another project... Hmmm.. my problem is I get an idea, design it and then want to get going on it but in the mean time another idea comes to mind. No wonder I have a hard time finishing projects.

francie yuhas 11-03-2012 05:11 PM

Life is short...do what makes you happy!

jemma 11-03-2012 05:26 PM

go for it ---enjoy