Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   quilting burn-out (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilting-burn-out-t14750.html)

LindaR 12-26-2008 07:45 AM

Does anyone have any ideas that you use when you just can't get interested in a new project. Its seem I really get rolling and then get tired of what I'm working on and everything gets shoved in a box. Any ideas? Linda

mary quite contrary 12-26-2008 07:48 AM

Keep reading this forum. There are so many ideas and inspiration here. Take a picture of your project and post it here and you'll get lots of encouragment. I would love to see what you are working on.

sandpat 12-26-2008 07:55 AM

I work on several things at once. I always have something to work on by hand at night in front of the tv, then I have a couple of projects going that require the machine. I find it works out well when I have projects in different stages--some I'm quilting, some I'm piecing, some I'm cutting...then I can just do what I'm in the mood for that day :lol:

pocoellie 12-26-2008 08:13 AM

For me, Sandpat is right. I have several things going on at one time, if I get tired of working on one, I'll work on another, or maybe start a new one.LOL

LindaR 12-26-2008 08:24 AM

thanks for the hints....sometimes I think I have tooooo many projects going and miss seeing any results. ha I'm trying to get myself off the puter this am and back in the sewing room....Happy Newyears to everyone and I'm going to enjoy this forum...

quiltsRfun 12-26-2008 09:19 AM

As suggested, I have several projects going and work on the one that currently has me the most excited. Also, sometimes I just need to set one aside until things seem to gel as far as the design goes. Reading this forum gives me lots of ideas, maybe too many. And going through my stash and WIPs occasionally I find one or two of those "OH, I remember that one, it will be so pretty when I finish it" projects. And sometimes I just need to take a break entirely.

farscapegal 12-26-2008 11:58 AM

I always have 2 or 3 quilts going at the same time so that I don't get burned out. I make totebags or maybe something to wear just to do something different.

Sybil

bluebird 12-26-2008 04:48 PM

Seeing what everyone has done inspires me. Stay with this forum you will get inspired really quick. Welcome from the Ozarks :D

ScubaK 12-26-2008 06:05 PM

If I am at a "blocked" point, then I try and find a quick project that is easy to sew and gives quick results...
I don't put my projects that I am tired of away...they are always out so I can see them...like a thorn in my thumb...
If I need inspiration...I then come here or take all my saved quilt magazines and start looking through them...
I am bound to get inspired.
K

Roben 12-26-2008 06:15 PM

I agree with all of the suggestions so far, especially the quick project for almost instant gratification. I keep one or two projects out, but if I have more than that going I put them in my waiting-to-be-worked-on drawer; if I see too many out at one time, I can get discouraged.

Something else I like to do to get my creative juices going again is to visit my local quilt shops - getting up close and personal with so many beautiful, finished quilts seems to renew my interest. Works better for me than looking at pictures online, not sure why.