Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Quilting Christmas List (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilting-christmas-list-t204425.html)

lfstamper 10-31-2012 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by jeanharville (Post 5621599)
I think I just bought my Christmas gift. While at the Georgia Quilt show, I bought a new Pfaff Expression 2.0. I love the 10" harp and the beautiful stitches. I'm going to sell my Pfaff 2056. It's a great machine too, but the harp is 6.75". I have quilted on it, but 10" is much easier.

Way to go, girl! have fun.

lfstamper 10-31-2012 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by lovelyl (Post 5620648)
Last year I asked for a gift certificate to my LQS. I got a larger certificate than I expected - it paid for a long arm class and 2 extra hours using the shop's long arm! I will ask for LQS certificates again this year, but I would really like to have a vintage Singer 301! (Seriously doubt I get that.) But, as always, I am grateful for whatever I receive!

I have been thinking of the LA class so this would be a good certificate...Thanks!

Mom3 10-31-2012 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by LadyElisabeth (Post 5625436)
I had asked for a wedding, but we have to wait until next year. One would think that at age 70 we could do what ever we want!

Well, now, just wait a second here! Do it, gal, time's a wasting!:o

Becky Crafts 10-31-2012 03:47 PM

I wanted to bring home the new sewing machine I've been saving for. Turns out I may get my wish!! I'm so excited I can hardly wait!!! I've saved most of it, but DH is going to take care of the rest. He's the best!! He was so sweet during vaca...DD took me to her fave thrift shop to get fabric scraps. They had lots!! We did this twice! :-) The day before we left they'd gotten another load in & she said she'd been conflicted as to calling me to tell me or not. DH said he didn't care if I got more fabric because he knows that whatever I get will be worth way more in what I make with it! Isn't that sweet?! No wonder I love him so! :-)

MaryStoaks 10-31-2012 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by kristakz (Post 5618836)
I don't have anyone to buy me nice quilty gifts for Christmas, since my divorce. But I am seriously considering dropping by my LQS and asking them to make me up a "Surprise package" for a set amount of $. How sad is that?

Not sad!! A good idea! I may try that. I love suprizes:thumbup:!

bhanes 11-03-2012 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by kristakz (Post 5618836)
I don't have anyone to buy me nice quilty gifts for Christmas, since my divorce. But I am seriously considering dropping by my LQS and asking them to make me up a "Surprise package" for a set amount of $. How sad is that?

Not sad at all! Sounds like a very good thing to do!

SewExtremeSeams 11-03-2012 08:26 PM

I have 11 grandchildren and four of them I have never met. My greatest gift for Christmas would be to have them all with me for a week... even a day would be such a treat.

Ruby the Quilter 11-03-2012 10:46 PM

My dh has asked what I want - and can't really think of anything. Maybe another pair of good scissors and a gift certificate for Connecting Threads. I'm blessed that all my children and grandchildren will be here a few days after Christmas. Couldn't ask for more. To top it off 2 sil's like to do the cooking!!!!!

wanda lou 11-04-2012 04:38 PM

I really wish my husband would make me up Quilt basket of goodies like pinking shears, fat quarters, thread , buttons and other embellishments it would be nice but I am sure he won't. Men just don't listen do they