Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Quilting Dream or Night Mare (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilting-dream-night-mare-t74362.html)

Quilt4u 11-05-2010 03:11 AM

I had a dream about quilting last night. Strang dream. It started with a package from a QS that I did not order. And the fabric that was in it was the ugliest I had ever seen. It was this dull faded pink back ground and dull moss green monkeys, and the package also had matching fabric to go with it. Then the dream went into me telling everyone I was going to make a quilt for my DH out of it but I needed help with the pattern. I woke up after that. Has anyone else had a strange dream or any dream about quilting?

cjomomma 11-05-2010 03:44 AM

That is strange! I would say you had a nightmare. Are you needing to make a quilt for your DH?? I always have great quilting dreams. Mine are usually about a new design if I'm struggling with what to do with a piece of fabric.

SuziC 11-05-2010 06:38 AM

Wow what a dream! Just have a cup of coffee and go look at your stash. That should get you into a different frame of mind

Ditter43 11-05-2010 07:30 AM

I don't think I have ever dreamed about quilting. I have had a lot of really strange dreams lately though! :D

littlehud 11-05-2010 08:53 AM

I have dreams about the quilt I'm working on. I did have a dream about a cat quilt and the next time I went to the fabric store.....there was the fabric in my dream. I bought it on the spot. Still haven't finished that quilt. :lol:

ljsunflower 11-05-2010 09:20 AM

I've had a lot of strange dreams lately but not about quilting. I second the motion to go fondle your stash. That should get that ugly fabric out of your mind!

redkimba 11-05-2010 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by Quilt4u
I had a dream about quilting last night. Strang dream. It started with a package from a QS that I did not order. And the fabric that was in it was the ugliest I had ever seen. It was this dull faded pink back ground and dull moss green monkeys, and the package also had matching fabric to go with it. Then the dream went into me telling everyone I was going to make a quilt for my DH out of it but I needed help with the pattern. I woke up after that. Has anyone else had a strange dream or any dream about quilting?

Dang - now I'm gonna have to recall that package... :P

I've had dreams like that before. Maybe your brain is trying to process something.

adrianlee 11-05-2010 07:32 PM

I haven't any dreams about quilting, but I did have a strange dream a few years ago about Mel Gibson the actor. In my dream he was trying to get me to leave my husband and go away with him. Now how crazy is that?

Favorite Fabrics 11-05-2010 07:41 PM

Well, my dream wasn't exactly about quilting... but I think it was close enough to warrant telling.

I dreamed that I died and went to heaven. It must have been heaven, because they ushered me into a room full of fabric, and said, "Make yourself at home! Go make some tree skirts!"

There even was a sewing machine just like my favorite Singer.

So I sat down and started making tree skirts. With gorgeous red and green fabrics, that looked like Hoffmans. And they kept bringing in more fabric, each bolt more beautiful than the last. And I sewed and sewed and... finally realized that somehow the bolts were never getting empty. And that I wasn't in heaven after all, but my own private tailor-made version of hell, and what was worst of all was that I couldn't even tell the difference!

C.Cal Quilt Girl 11-05-2010 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by Favorite Fabrics
Well, my dream wasn't exactly about quilting... but I think it was close enough to warrant telling.

I dreamed that I died and went to heaven. It must have been heaven, because they ushered me into a room full of fabric, and said, "Make yourself at home! Go make some tree skirts!"

There even was a sewing machine just like my favorite Singer.

So I sat down and started making tree skirts. With gorgeous red and green fabrics, that looked like Hoffmans. And they kept bringing in more fabric, each bolt more beautiful than the last. And I sewed and sewed and... finally realized that somehow the bolts were never getting empty. And that I wasn't in heaven after all, but my own private tailor-made version of hell, and what was worst of all was that I couldn't even tell the difference!

LOL..... time to take a day off and play in the park!! :)