Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Quilting Epitaphs (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilting-epitaphs-t69399.html)

Sandra-P 10-13-2010 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by elsieirene
Sandra What does epiah mean, hope I spelled it correct.

Thanks, Elsie

Hi Elsie,
here is one definition "an inscription on or at a tomb or a grave in memory of the one buried there" Thank you for your question.

Ellen 10-13-2010 09:00 PM

This isn't quilty but I just had to share this.....it was seen on a yard in PA years ago......

Here he lies
cold, dead and hard
The last stray dog
that pooped in my yard.

Gerbie 10-13-2010 09:42 PM

Blessed Are The Piece Makers
Done In by One Too Many Fat Quarters
Stitched To Pieces
The Pin Wheel Killed Her
Attacked By Flying Geese
Ruler of The Stash
Hit by A Churn Dash
She Leaves Behind A Memory Quilt
She Followed A Drunkard's Path
Dyed From One Too Many Stipples
Free Motion Did Her In

Shikadee 10-14-2010 08:26 AM

Don't forget the "Quilt till you Wilt"
"Fabric Addict lays here in pieces"

Sharon

fktsewing 10-14-2010 09:32 PM

Smothered in fabric
Cut to pieces
crazy quilter
patchwork queen
quilting queen
stitched with love

missgigglewings 11-29-2010 01:32 PM

Mine will say: Piece Out

sheila bee 11-29-2010 03:05 PM

It is past Halloween I would like to see the quilt. ..I would really like to know what sayings you used on the tombstones !!!!!!! Can you share ???

Sandra-P 11-30-2010 06:26 AM

Originally Posted by sheila bee
It is past Halloween I would like to see the quilt. ..I would really like to know what sayings you used on the tombstones !!!!!!! Can you share ???

I did finish the wall hanging, it had only three headstones on it. I will post pic and let you know when I do. I loved all the epitaphs, and have decided to make a seperate Halloween wall hanging, of my own design and it is going to include all of the great epitaphs that everyone here on the board gave.
My Christmas projects have been taking over my priorities at the moment. Hopefully I will have My Epitaph Quilt finished and posted by this October next. I will PM you so you will be the first to know. Thanks for asking.- Sandra

sheila bee 11-30-2010 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by Sandra-P

Originally Posted by sheila bee

I did finish the wall hanging, it had only three headstones on it. I will post pic and let you know when I do. I loved all the epitaphs, and have decided to make a seperate Halloween wall hanging, of my own design and it is going to include all of the great epitaphs that everyone here on the board gave.
My Christmas projects have been taking over my priorities at the moment. Hopefully I will have My Epitaph Quilt finished and posted by this October next. I will PM you so you will be the first to know. Thanks for asking.- Sandra

Great.. can't wait to see it...i was thinking one with just tombstones and epitaphs...bats and ghost fiying around..etc...great idea !!!