Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Quilting Magazine Prices (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilting-magazine-prices-t72938.html)

plainpat 10-29-2010 01:09 AM

When did they get to be so $$$ ?Saw one yest that looked interesting,till I saw the price of $12.98.
It was called something like "Scrap Quilting" & I love scrappy....but not for that price! Took me about 1 sec to put it back,unopened. :(
This was not a book,but a magazine.I seldom even look at mags in the store.Looks like seldom will be never....for me.Thankfully I have stacks of them & more patterns than I can ever use.

quilt-fanatic 10-29-2010 02:19 AM

I agree totally. Even with the Wal Mart discount (10%) they still aren't cheap. Everything just keeps going up. That's why I'm always looking for 'used' magazines, at garage sales.

plainpat 10-29-2010 02:59 AM

The total here would be $13.89 with tax added.Might as well say $14.On the other hand,I doubt they'd stay in business without buyers.Guess I'm just cheap :lol:

I agree totally. Even with the Wal Mart discount (10%) they still aren't cheap. Everything just keeps going up. That's why I'm always looking for 'used' magazines, at garage sales.

stitchinwitch 10-29-2010 03:02 AM

There are so many free patterns on the net that I would not be able to justify paying $14 for a magazine. I keep my old ones and always find a "new" pattern I need to do. I WILL have to part with them tho - they are taking up too muchy space. $14?? NO WAY.

Darlene 10-29-2010 03:04 AM

If you have an antique mall near your home you can get used mags there. I bought 3 used cross stitch mags for a $1 each at one.

sttchr 10-29-2010 03:07 AM

If you looked at the patterns in that mag they are just scrappy patterns of old patterns, in my quick view I saw nothing new

emt2004 10-29-2010 03:35 AM

They are full of advertisements, you would think that would help to keep the price down.......Michele

CarrieAnne 10-29-2010 03:50 AM

I wanted that same magazine, because scrap quilts are my favorite. THANK GOODNESS I looked at the price first. I dont know WHY that one was so expensive!

featherweight 10-29-2010 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by stitchinwitch
There are so many free patterns on the net that I would not be able to justify paying $14 for a magazine. I keep my old ones and always find a "new" pattern I need to do. I WILL have to part with them tho - they are taking up too muchy space. $14?? NO WAY.

With the hundreds of free patterns I have found from this wonderful board, I too will not buy anymore books, patterns or magazines.

Quiltforme 10-29-2010 11:51 AM

Now they are calling them bookazines or something like that. I saw one on allpeoplequilt.com and was about to buy it it had a lot of neat looking patterns then realized I would have to pay tax and shipping and my 12$ bookazine is now a 20$ bookazine. Not worth it amnymore with friends like ours on this board.