Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Quilting Retreat by myself (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilting-retreat-myself-t239729.html)

toverly 01-27-2014 05:05 AM

Quilting Retreat by myself

I just returned from a Quilting Retreat put on by Quilting by the Bay in Panama City Beach, FL. I went all by myself and wondered how the weekend would turn out. It was wonderful! I met ladies from all over. If you have ever wanted to go on a retreat and don't have anyone else to go with. Don't hesitate, I think I got more out of it than if I had gone with friends. We shared a table and if I had brought a quilting partner, we would have shared. As it was, my table partner was from Maine. She was lovely! Now I have a new friend. I can describe the Retreat as similar to a cruise. Everything was paid for in advance so once there, no worries. So if you have ever wanted to go, Go!

carrieg 01-27-2014 05:40 AM

Good for you! A lot of people don't like to go anywhere by themselves. It made you open to making new friends!

SouthPStitches 01-27-2014 05:42 AM

Sounds like you had a great time. You brought up a very good point, even if one isn't a social butterfly, just go. It's an opportunity to do what you love and meet new friends.

Grandma Bonnie 01-27-2014 06:13 AM

I'm glad you went alone and enjoyed yourself. I've never been to a retreat and if I ever go I will probably be going alone also as none of my friends quilt. Thanks for letting us know it worked out o.k.

Raggiemom 01-27-2014 06:25 AM

I'm glad you went and had fun. I'm going to a sew-in on the 8th. I don't think I'm going to know anyone there although it is done by our guild. None of the my "usual crowd" is going. But I think it will be fun and a great way to get to know some new people. So you're inspiring me :)

cindyb 01-27-2014 06:39 AM

Speaking of new friends - I see you are from SW Michigan - so am I. Do you by any chance belong to the BTCQ Guild? Maybe I know you?

Originally Posted by carrieg (Post 6537457)
Good for you! A lot of people don't like to go anywhere by themselves. It made you open to making new friends!

mighty 01-27-2014 06:39 AM

Sounds wonderful, glad you had a great time.

dcamarote 01-27-2014 06:58 AM

Thanks for the info. I go to one a year with my guild but have often wondered if I could find something else would I go alone? After reading your post, I just might try it.

GingerK 01-27-2014 07:10 AM

So glad you had a good time. I went to one with my two sisters, a couple of years ago. I have to admit that I probably would have enjoyed it more by myself. Since I was the only one of the three of us, who did not live locally, I often felt like a fifth wheel. I am not saying that people were standoffish (is that a word??). In fact everyone was very nice. I just felt that they had preconceived ideas about me because they knew my sisters.

I've seen a couple advertized in Toronto. Maybe I'll look at them more closely now. Thanks!

Mundy 01-27-2014 07:11 AM

retreat

[QUOTE=carrieg;6537457]Good for you! A lot of people don't like to go anywhere by themselves. It made you open to making new friends![/Q
Hi there this sounds great I am in Lapeer