Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Quilting & Sewing Rooms and Husbands!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilting-sewing-rooms-husbands-t118514.html)

MomNanaWolf 04-24-2011 01:33 PM

I have to say my hubby sounds like some of the others, and is a keeper for sure. You will understand why after you read this. I have my sewing stuff in 4 different rooms of the house as it will not all fit into one room. I have my quilting machine in the room off the kitchen and love it I have windows all the way around even on the side facing the kitchen, and the other windows over look Panbowl Lake so I have a wonderful view while quilting. Then we have our computer room/embroidery machine room. Hubby has his computer on one of my x cutting desks and mine is across the room in front of the windows and my embroidery machine and threads are on the other wall opposite the fireplace that doesn't work. I have to go up stairs to my main sewing room that holds my serger and sewing machine, cutting table, chest of draws (filled with interfacing and fuseable web) I finely got a nice rack for my rulers, then there are three totes on wheels from walmart and 4 others under my cutting table that has a very large cutting matt over 2 1/2 yds long. Last but not least the spare room across the hall has a walk in closet with my fabrics, hubby put in lots of shelves from the old trailor. I sure wish I had all of my sewing rooms into one large place. Someday I hope so I can stop running up and down and sideways lol. Well that is my story about my Quilting andSewing Rooms.

craftybear 04-24-2011 01:37 PM

Wow,that is awesome

Maybe you can add on to your house and have a big Quilting Studio

Sweeterthanwine 04-24-2011 02:55 PM

Sounds kind of like me. I have an extra bedroom that my husband put in floor to ceiling cabinets, and that is where I have my cutting table and all my fabrics. My sewing machine is in the front room, design wall is in the dining room and I have a card table set up in the front room as well. This is what I lay my quilts on to get ready for hand quilting.To sandwich together I use my dining room table in the dining room. At least I don't have to climb stairs to get things done. What we won't do for our hobby!!

Rumbols 04-24-2011 03:04 PM

Your view sounds very nice and relaxing for quilting. Your Hubby is definitely a keeper. You sound like you everything well organized.
I too have sewing supplies and machines all over the house. I keep trying to organize but with a full time job everyhting just gets away from me. Hubby always jokes 'I at least have a place to sleep.'

Crlyn 04-24-2011 03:08 PM

Sounds great to me, love to see some pic's of your sewing room! ;-)

pstoner 04-24-2011 05:20 PM

Just like me, the sewing machine and serger are in the livingroom, the ironing board and quilting machine and design wall are in the spare room. DH says I can move everything downstairs to the basement, but then I wouldn't see him when I came home from work I would want to be downstairs and he would want to be upstairs watching his TV, but he tolerates my sewing in the livingroom.

gramarraine 04-24-2011 05:28 PM

I can relate to all of you. I sew in my kitchen. I use my counter for a cutting table because it is the right height, I use my table to lay the quilt pieces on and one of my machines is in a cabinet in the kitchen. When I need another machine it goes on the table also. I guess I don't have it so bad after all. Every spare inch in two of the bedrooms upstairs if filled with fabric or sewing stuff. He gets one of the other room upstairs for his radio and computer stuff. He hardly ever complains about my mess. He is a keeper also.

Taughtby Grandma 04-24-2011 06:46 PM

Look at it this way, your sewing is in one large place, your house! LOL

MomNanaWolf 04-24-2011 06:54 PM

15 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by MomNanaWolf
I have to say my hubby sounds like some of the others, and is a keeper for sure. You will understand why after you read this. I have my sewing stuff in 4 different rooms of the house as it will not all fit into one room. I have my quilting machine in the room off the kitchen and love it I have windows all the way around even on the side facing the kitchen, and the other windows over look Panbowl Lake so I have a wonderful view while quilting. Then we have our computer room/embroidery machine room. Hubby has his computer on one of my x cutting desks and mine is across the room in front of the windows and my embroidery machine and threads are on the other wall opposite the fireplace that doesn't work. I have to go up stairs to my main sewing room that holds my serger and sewing machine, cutting table, chest of draws (filled with interfacing and fuseable web) I finely got a nice rack for my rulers, then there are three totes on wheels from walmart and 4 others under my cutting table that has a very large cutting matt over 2 1/2 yds long. Last but not least the spare room across the hall has a walk in closet with my fabrics, hubby put in lots of shelves from the old trailor. I sure wish I had all of my sewing rooms into one large place. Someday I hope so I can stop running up and down and sideways lol. Well that is my story about my Quilting andSewing Rooms.

more of my fabric stash
[ATTACH=CONFIG]188657[/ATTACH]

I had my ufo's here and have done lots of them have to start adding more lol
[ATTACH=CONFIG]188658[/ATTACH]

my cutting table with some of the baby quilts
[ATTACH=CONFIG]188668[/ATTACH]

Quilting machine and some windows
[ATTACH=CONFIG]188680[/ATTACH]

more windows
[ATTACH=CONFIG]188681[/ATTACH]

Windows to screened porch
[ATTACH=CONFIG]188682[/ATTACH]

windows to kitchen some are blocked by cabinet
[ATTACH=CONFIG]188684[/ATTACH]

All my embroidery threads and machine
[ATTACH=CONFIG]188685[/ATTACH]

Hubbys back working hard on FarmVille
[ATTACH=CONFIG]188686[/ATTACH]

This is where I sit and talk with all of you lol
[ATTACH=CONFIG]188687[/ATTACH]

Part of my fabric closet
[ATTACH=CONFIG]188690[/ATTACH]

more of sewing room
[ATTACH=CONFIG]188695[/ATTACH]

Sewing machine table and tv
[ATTACH=CONFIG]188697[/ATTACH]

My Design Wall
[ATTACH=CONFIG]188699[/ATTACH]

And no sewing room is complet with our a good iron
[ATTACH=CONFIG]188700[/ATTACH]

kidmenot43 04-24-2011 07:25 PM

this looks all so good compared to mine. I can see why you can design and put together so many quilts at a time. Awesome is all I can say.