Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Quilting Stories - Fiction - AudioBooks (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilting-stories-fiction-audiobooks-t32336.html)

Edie 12-26-2009 06:16 AM

I have listened to all of the Jennifer Chiaverini stories. Does anyone know of any stories available in audiobook form? This is my way of leaving the world as we know it and go into the world of quilting stories. I have gone through most of the books at our library including MnLink, but there must be some that I may have missed. If any of you know of any audiobooks that pertain to quilting in fiction I would really appreciate it.

Thanks so much. Edie

Edie 12-26-2009 06:31 AM

I have gotten a lot of audio books from our library. They have a special section with ab's, regular books, music cd's, books on tape for fifty cents each. I have an awful lot of them and I love to listen to them.

How's the weather in Wisconsin - my sister and her husband are heading out of the frying pan into the fire - they live in Danbury and I guess they have a lot there. We had more than we can handle and what, yesterday, was slush and water, today, is ice and just horrible out! Ran to Walgreen's to get some 50% off stuff for next year. We had a dusting last night, enough for a ten minute shovel, but I just don't know about all this ice. We need a Chinook Wind for a few hours! Melt some of this stuff.

Oh, Well, "If Winter is here, can Spring be far behind?"

Keep warm. Edie

ghostrider 12-26-2009 07:35 AM

Monica Ferris has a series (at least 12) of books that follow the owner of a shop called Crewel World in her amateur detective pursuits. I love the titles: Crewel Yule, Knitting Bones, Thai Die, Sins and Needles, Embroidered Truths, Sew Far So Good. Most if not all can be found on audio.

Emilie Richards also has a series that all have quilts in starring roles in them, most have pattern books, and most, if not all, are on audio. Titles include: Lover’s Knot, Sister’s Choice, Touching Stars, Endless Chain.

Debbie Macomber has a series where knitting is the center of attention. All are available on audio. Titles include: A Good Yarn, Summer on Blossom Street, Back on Blossom Street.

These are also quilt focused novels:
Leaving Riverton (The Novel) by Jodi Barrows (pattern book available) (cannot find the novel on audio)
Bachelor’s Puzzle by Judith Pella (audio available)
A Single Thread by Marie Bostwick (cannot find on audio)

There are several other novels that focus on needlecrafts other than quilting if you are interested (I can list more if you are). The best site to find out if a book is available on audio is this one.
http://www.audioeditions.com/search-...&submit=Search

Roben 12-26-2009 07:49 AM

Audible.com has 10 of the novels available for download - woohoo! They offer formats that are compatible with most mp3 players - and the price of the players are coming down too. :lol: They don't have the first novel or the sampler, tho :cry:

Edie 12-26-2009 07:52 AM

Thank you, thank you! Great help there. I appreciate it! Also, try out Joanne Fluke - (Choc Chip Cookie Murder, Lemon Meringue Pie Murder - lead character runs a cookie shop) or Diane Mott Davidson (Sticks and Scones, Copping Spree, The Cereal Murders - Goldy Schulz the lead character runs a catering business).

I have Lovers Knot, Sister's Choice and Endless Chain.

You could check out Earlene Fowler. She could never quilt, so she named her books after quilt blocks (true story). Sunshine and Shadows, Broken Dishes, Delectable Mountains, Tumbling Blocks, and Love Mercy. Read in that order.

Another is Nancy E. Turner - These is My Words, Sarah's Quilt, The Star Garden. Read in that order also.

Thanks again for your help. Hope these will help you. Edie

amma 12-26-2009 01:45 PM

Does your library have a website? Ours does and they do interlibrary loans too so there is a bigger variety available :D:D:D

Edie 12-26-2009 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by amma
Does your library have a website? Ours does and they do interlibrary loans too so there is a bigger variety available :D:D:D

Yah, that's our MnLink! Love that website!!!!!!! Edie

lass 12-28-2009 01:10 PM

Recorded books will let you rent their books and they probably have the largest selection of recorded books. You don't have to buy them - rental fees vary based on the book. I usually get mine at the local library.

Edie 12-28-2009 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by lass
Recorded books will let you rent their books and they probably have the largest selection of recorded books. You don't have to buy them - rental fees vary based on the book. I usually get mine at the local library.

I went to the library today to get "My Sister's Keeper" by Jodi Picoult and they had their little Christmas Sale corner and I ended up spending $1.25 and got (get this now) "Great Expectations" Charles Dickens - 16 discs;"The Hamlet" by William Faulkner - 14 discs; "Cosi fan tutti"by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart - 3 discs plus the score; "One Chance" by Paul Potts (English singer) and another opera disc (c an't remember the name) - 25 cents each. Couldn't believe it. I can't wait to start listening to these. I love their sales. Edie

Shemjo 12-28-2009 02:03 PM

I just picked up a couple of Jennifer Chiaverini's books on CD from the library! I LOVE listening to books on tape (CD) while I am sewing! or driving long distance!
Diane Mott Davidson's books were a hoot, on tape, or hard copy. The recipes are easier in hard copy!