Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Quilts of Valor (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilts-valor-t134169.html)

victoria17 06-30-2011 03:37 AM

Is anyone working on a quilts of valor quilt? I would like to get a group of people together to make one block each to put together. Anyone interested?

Zhillslady 06-30-2011 06:29 AM

I live in FLorida but would be happy to make some and send to you. Let me know when you wanna get started.

CorneliaVa 06-30-2011 07:05 AM

You say you are thinking of starting a group ....

Although everyone is very eager to help in these endeavors, with the escalating prices of fabric, and the ridiculous mailing costs and restrictions by the Post Office, the price of just one block provided in swaps and such is getting to be ridiculous ......

There are a few members on this board who are involved in this Quilts of Valor project ... check thru the search function at the top of this page ... maybe a few of them could give you pointers on starting another such group ......

It might be easier to check with a local Church group or guild to help you out ...

However, for your project - What size blocks are you looking for? ... what basic colors or coordinating fabrics? Are you supplying the batting and backing ... or is this something you would prefer board members help you with? ..... Are you going to pick out the papers of paper-pieced blocks? ... are you going to do the quilting, or commission it out?

Think it through, let us know a little more, and I am sure you will get lots of help.

CorneliaVa 06-30-2011 07:06 AM

oops...double entry

victoria17 06-30-2011 07:40 AM

I was just seeing if there is an interest. When I have got my plan in place, I will be better able to answer all the great questions you have asked. I have a longarm quilting machine so I could complete the finished quilt. Thanks for your great questions.

amma 06-30-2011 09:16 AM

You will find that many here will happily contribute blocks for a project like this :D:D:D

maine ladybug 06-30-2011 10:43 AM

I have made quilts for Quilts of Valor before and am willing to help you. I just need more information. So I'll wait to hear more from you.

Zhillslady 06-30-2011 11:43 AM

I have no problem paying the psotage to get the blocks to you. Our local group does the valor project only one day a year. Friend has 2 sons in active combat zones so we have been sending ones when we get them ready to his troop. Again I'd love to be part of the group. Please go ahead and start one if you felt lead to do so.

Originally Posted by CorneliaVa
You say you are thinking of starting a group ....

Although everyone is very eager to help in these endeavors, with the escalating prices of fabric, and the ridiculous mailing costs and restrictions by the Post Office, the price of just one block provided in swaps and such is getting to be ridiculous ......

There are a few members on this board who are involved in this Quilts of Valor project ... check thru the search function at the top of this page ... maybe a few of them could give you pointers on starting another such group ......

It might be easier to check with a local Church group or guild to help you out ...

However, for your project - What size blocks are you looking for? ... what basic colors or coordinating fabrics? Are you supplying the batting and backing ... or is this something you would prefer board members help you with? ..... Are you going to pick out the papers of paper-pieced blocks? ... are you going to do the quilting, or commission it out?

Think it through, let us know a little more, and I am sure you will get lots of help.

mhansen6 06-30-2011 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by victoria17
Is anyone working on a quilts of valor quilt? I would like to get a group of people together to make one block each to put together. Anyone interested?

I already have several red, white and blue blocks made. I also have some country patriotic blocks made. I would have to go home and measure them. But I would be willing to donate a few.