Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Quilts You Don't Love (and might not even like) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilts-you-dont-love-might-not-even-like-t116433.html)

Kryssa 04-15-2011 06:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm having a hard time accepting this quilt I'm in the process of making. I made a bad thread choice for quilting, but it would take an insane amount of time to rip out all the quilting and do it again.

I think I'm just going to give it to its intended recipient and call it a day. Hopefully they won't look at it and see what I see.

DebraK 04-15-2011 06:06 PM

I hate it when that happens ;-(
...on the other hand, I think your avatar is awesome ;-)

gramajo 04-15-2011 06:07 PM

In most cases, the recipient is so thrilled to receive a hand/machine quilt from YOU that they will love. Sometimes we are our own worst critics. I would definitely finish as it is. And, yes, I know it is hard to work on something we're not thrilled with, but think how good you will feel about yourself when it's done.

merry 04-15-2011 06:10 PM

If I was the recipient I'd be tickled to death with your quilt! It's lovely.

sueisallaboutquilts 04-15-2011 06:17 PM

I am making my sister a quilt and I'm not good at FMQ at all yet.
I told her about it and she said "Oh don't worry, practice on me b/c I won't notice the mistakes" !!!

Our situation is a bit different but I think most people who don't sew and love quilts are tickled to death to get one.

In this case I'm very happy with the blocks but afraid I'll ruin it MQ. I always hand quilted but I want this one to get to her in a more reasonable time frame lol
I like yours!! :D:D

Scrap Happy 04-15-2011 06:20 PM

I think it’s beautiful!

I agree with gramajo we are our own worst critics. I think when we work on a quilt for a long time we are up close and analyze every inch of it and see every itty, bitty, teeny, weeny flaw as though it were a gigantic ruin. Don’t be surprised if it looks a lot better to you when you go visit your friend after not seeing it for a while.

I wish I could tell you that I have no idea at all about what it’s like to work on a quilt I don’t like ...

jmaurath 04-15-2011 06:27 PM

I agree....We are our worst critic....I love the piece work don't see what you see....It's beautiful. I am my worst critic. I have been ripping out and ripping out.....Just keep plugging away until it passes or I just put it away.

amma 04-15-2011 06:39 PM

I think this quilt is beautiful :D:D:D

nycquilter 04-15-2011 06:42 PM

two points, I fully understand what you're saying, and maybe seeing. Like you wanted the contrast between the two a tad more zingy? HOwever, your quilt is lovely and no one else will see it with your eye. I would be honored to receive it as a gift with NO reservations.

Laurie

Carron 04-15-2011 06:43 PM

You have done a wonderful job on the quilt. Don't be so hard on yourself.