Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   R there any AccuQuilt Go!! Owners out there???? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/r-there-any-accuquilt-go-owners-out-there-t104136.html)

cny_sewer39 03-01-2011 12:24 PM

I want to make a quilt for my friends son. The finished size of the squares would be about 3". I would like to know if any of you have the AccuQuilt Go!! or the AccuQuilt Go!! BABY editions. Do you like them? Do the dies, cutters, and cutting mats last a long time? Or do you only get a couple of sets out of them and then have to buy new ones to replace old ones? Any help would be appreciated. I eagerly await your response. Thank You.

debra
cny_sewer39

dakotamaid 03-01-2011 12:26 PM

Try a search above on Auccquilt go, you will find lots to read. I haven't used mine enough to answer you.

BellaBoo 03-01-2011 12:36 PM

I have had my Go for about three years. I seldom cut with rotary cutter any more. There isn't a pattern that can't be adapted to the die sizes. I think the mats last a long time but some think they wear out fast. They aren't expensive so I don't really pay attention that much. I know I'm still using some of the first mats I bought. I use the white mats.

Youtube has all the video you need for tips and cutting how to and lots of ways to use the dies to get a second shape. I use my circle die to cut leaf shapes by not covering all the die. Also accucutquilters group at yahoo is a great forum to get any answers about the machines.

purplemem 03-01-2011 01:48 PM

Accuquilt suggests their dies will cut one million cuts. I haven't got that far but they stand behind their product.

Kaye-Kaye 03-01-2011 01:53 PM

We have had good luck with the dies, but the mats need replaced more often. Luckily they are the least expensive part of the operation.

BellaBoo 03-01-2011 02:10 PM

I cut paper with some of my dies and they still cut fabric like new. I have no complaints at all with the Go or the dies. One thing I didn't think I'd use was the Go Die rack and I'm so glad I got it. It's so much better then what I was expecting. It's the best rack I've found to hold the dies or my rulers.

carolaug 03-01-2011 05:05 PM

Just Love it!!! I can cut all of my pieces in an hour...and then sew a quilt top in a day. Its totally awesome...and really is not that expensive if you add up all the templates we use to buy and blades for the rotary cutter.

carolaug 03-01-2011 05:05 PM

If you buy the white mats they last longer.

Originally Posted by Kaye-Kaye
We have had good luck with the dies, but the mats need replaced more often. Luckily they are the least expensive part of the operation.

Raggiemom 03-01-2011 05:16 PM

Well, I thought I liked mine but it broke today. And I was only doing 4 layers. Can you tell I'm not happy?

carolaug 03-01-2011 05:26 PM

Just call them they will replace it.

Originally Posted by Raggiemom
Well, I thought I liked mine but it broke today. And I was only doing 4 layers. Can you tell I'm not happy?