Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   rag quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/rag-quilt-t2306.html)

Lisa 09-15-2007 03:43 PM

Sharon, you caught my attention with the mention of coupons. Fill me in, how and where do you get coupons for fabric?

Gale in SF 09-15-2007 05:50 PM

I'm not Sharon but I'm willing to be 'sharin'. giggle... Both Joanne's and Beverly's stores mail out flyers with 40% coupons on a one cut of fabric off the bolt. As long as you continue to buy from the stores, the stores will continue to mail the flyers to your home. I get flyers every month from both stores and you can use the coupons interchangeable at either store since they have the same parent company.

Gale

Lisa 09-15-2007 05:59 PM

Thanks for "sharin" for "Sharon" Gale!
Hmmm, I guess I need to get on a mailing list. I am hoping that these could be used for on-line purchases as well? I didn't know that Beverly's was associated with Joann's. Alot of Joann's here in my neck of the woods (East Texas) have closed in the last 2 years. Thanks for the info, I'll get to work on getting on a mailing list.

ccbear66 09-15-2007 07:31 PM

I signed up for email sale alerts from Joanns and they often send coupons to me via email.

mimisharon 09-16-2007 06:49 AM

ahhhh, at least I'm remembered even if only in 'sharin'

sign up for all the Hancocks, Joanns, and Hancocks of Paducah, I get email coupons above and beyond the fliers, they are wonderful! :-)

I was really hurting yesterday when I tried to answer you Gale, about the flannel. I use lighter weight flannel for the middle, not lighter quality. Geezopete, I always want and try to buy the best quality of anything I buy.

Weight /Quality = crs when in pain soooooooo sorry, did you know what I meant? did you read my mind but not the words?? Gosh I hope!

sewmuch 09-16-2007 06:57 AM

I was wondering how much material you buy for a rag quilt and what
size do you make? :D

ccbear66 09-16-2007 07:14 AM

It all depends on how big you want it to be. I make my couch size quilts so that you can snuggle up with them while you are watching tv. I start out with a 7 inch square and sew 1/2 inch seam. So you end up with a 6 inch square. I usually use two colors and I buy 3 yards of each color and 3 yards of flannel. But you can use as many colors as you like and you can make it as big or as small as you like.

mimisharon 09-16-2007 12:00 PM

Just remember you're taking 1/2 inch off each side......I had to add extra squares to the baby quilt, cause it was receiving blanket size when I did the first part. :roll:

Two extra rows all around fixed it right as rain. I'll post pic soon

Celeste 09-16-2007 04:49 PM

If using flannel on the outside, should I have a middle? Rather, can I get away with not using a middle? We don't get too cold out here.

ccbear66 09-16-2007 05:59 PM

No you would not have to have a middle. The good thing about quilts is you are the designer. You can do them anyway you want.