Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   RE: janome questions (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/re-janome-questions-t24652.html)

butterflywing 08-25-2009 09:13 PM

http://www.janome.com/fusetalk/forum...&threadid=1718

this is their blog site. i have found it very useful. type in the model number or name and you can post your question. someone knows the answer, just like here. remember that the people who post are the ones who have a problem. that's true for the viking site as well. happy people don't write in.

you have to register and become a member. the page i gave you is for the one i have, the memory craft 8000. btw, the manual is no longer easy to find (i've seen it on manual sites), but all the accessories are still available, 15 years later. that says something for support.

i loved it enough to buy the gem gold for traveling. i'm also the one who bought my daughter's.

BellaBoo 08-26-2009 03:29 AM

White makes Janome machines and has been making Kenmores for the last few years.

quiltnut4ever 08-26-2009 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by quiltnut4ever
Since I have to replace my sewing machine I've noticed several on the board here own Janome's. Since I am under a tight budget I have a few questions if you don't mind answering them: Does Janome offer any interest free programs with payments per month? Which machine would you recommend for an intermediate level as me? I don't have a dealer close by, the closest is over an hour away. Any answers would be greatly appreciated!

I only need the machine for quilting so I would need a walking foot, 1/4 inch, etc., and some features. I didn't know that Kenmore made janome's as well. Thank you ladies!

Pats8e8 08-26-2009 07:16 AM

I have all Janomes. The big embroidery machine, the 1600P, which is a really fast,straight stitch, workhorse, and a serger too. I love the Janomes. I had my 9000 for 14 years, just sold it and got the 11,000. The new owner is happy with it. I thnk they are good machines. They need cleaned once in awhile, as do all machines. The Gem line is great, lots of ladies in my quilt class bring those to sew on, light weight, but sew very well. Janome is a good choice for any sewing task you might have. And no, I don't sell them. ha :)

nativetexan 08-26-2009 08:25 AM

i have a Janome MC4800 and love it also. The dealer where I bought it is helpful plus the janome online site. perhaps a dealer who sells machines could set you up on an installment plan. good luck.

Shemjo 08-26-2009 09:37 AM

I love my Janome, but need to find a new person to service it. My guy retired and no longer has the patience or abiltiy to work on my machine. It has served my needs well and is a MemoryCraft 9000 with cards and lots of feet. I seriously have tried to damage it several times and have not suceeded! :? I need to get better at cleaning it and changing needles! :?

dojo36 08-26-2009 12:35 PM

i have the janome 6600 and the gem platinum 760 (light for carrying to classes) and also the 350E embroidery machine and love all of them. my lqs has a repairman that comes once a week to pick up any brand machines for repair and cleaning and brings them back the next week.

wisconsin 08-31-2009 08:16 AM

I have a Janome and would not trade it. I just returned from the dealer after having my serger serviced. I saw the new quilters Janome and is is listed at 1500 dollars, which is considerably cheaper than the Bernina.
It now has a built in walking foot, which would sure be nice. It has a lot of stitches and the bed is wide.
I would love to have it.

Mousie 08-31-2009 11:37 AM

I have the Janome6260 and the 6600, and madly in love with both. Why two then? Bc it takes about a month to get the annual tune-up, here.
I can't live that long without my machine! :roll: :mrgreen:

quiltnut4ever 08-31-2009 04:08 PM

Thank you for all of your responses. I saw a Janome 6600 at my lqs for $1600 and she has a layaway plan. I am considering it.