Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   REALLY good excuse for quilting. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/really-good-excuse-quilting-t86550.html)

Pzazz 12-31-2010 03:28 PM

We are working on day/night # 2 of blizzard, (wind chills of -25°F). One van is stuck in a snow bank, the other one has a 5 foot drift behind it....and all the highways are closed. My DH is in Chicago, (50°F today), dealing with closing his brothers' affairs. Brother passed away just before C'mas, and DH is the only sibling. So...I am not going anywhere anytime soon. My neighbour a mile down the road will come and pull my van out once we are done with blowing and snowing.

Meanwhile, I have 10 pinwheels put together, and 30 more at the HST stage. Also got caught up on a couple of projects for a class I am taking. Tonight I will make a lable to go on a lap quilt for my MIL. (I hand embroider my lables...so a good evening project.)

What are you all doing for your New Years' weekend?

Patti

Cyn 12-31-2010 03:30 PM

Sounds like the perfect evening to me. While hubby is watching all his taped football games, I will be on this board and hopefully stitching :)

SuziC 12-31-2010 03:36 PM

Hi Patty: We are going to have a quiet week-end this year. DH has 3 days off so he will be cleaning his hunting room and i plan on SEWING all week-end. Have a great weekend with your projects and stay Warm :!: :!:

bj 12-31-2010 03:41 PM

I'm working on the baby quilt for my niece's little girl. She's the one whose mom said she didn't need it, but I decided to finish it and send it anyway. It's the weaver fever layout in purples and teals. I think (hope) it is going to be pretty. On Sunday, I leave to go back down to Austin to get my grandson. He just got back from visiting his other grandparents in Romania.

stichinluvr 12-31-2010 03:45 PM

I am planning to do the Planet Patchwork mystery quilt. Haven't done one in a while and it's cold and nasty here, too, so it sounds good. All I have to worry about is taking the dog out when she needs it. Have a Happy New Year!

morelcabin 12-31-2010 03:46 PM

I would love to be snowed on like that...we have rain here added to the foot of snow we have out there. I am babysitting my grandbaby tonight so not getting anything useful done...but a whole lot of loving...lol

Ms. Shawn 12-31-2010 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by Pzazz
We are working on day/night # 2 of blizzard, (wind chills of -25°F). One van is stuck in a snow bank, the other one has a 5 foot drift behind it....and all the highways are closed. My DH is in Chicago, (50°F today), dealing with closing his brothers' affairs. Brother passed away just before C'mas, and DH is the only sibling. So...I am not going anywhere anytime soon. My neighbour a mile down the road will come and pull my van out once we are done with blowing and snowing.

Meanwhile, I have 10 pinwheels put together, and 30 more at the HST stage. Also got caught up on a couple of projects for a class I am taking. Tonight I will make a lable to go on a lap quilt for my MIL. (I hand embroider my lables...so a good evening project.)

Patti

Babysitting the Grandbabies and sleeping early! Just finish a blanket not quilted for my DIL. :thumbup:

GrannieAnnie 12-31-2010 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by Pzazz

Patti

Just posted that I'm finally sorting the sewing/storage room. Good gracious. How did I get that much stuff in there.

Good luck with the quilting. Hope you don't need thread before the big thaw!

littlehud 12-31-2010 06:13 PM

What a great way to spend a cold snowy stretch. Have fun. I hope it stops snowing and blowing soon.

ilovetosew 12-31-2010 07:05 PM

Too much snow makes good quilting weather! Stay in where it's warm and quilt!
Janie