Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   The reorganization Bug has bitten me!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/reorganization-bug-has-bitten-me-t176894.html)

barny 01-25-2012 03:57 PM

Just new paint makes everything change and smell new and etc. Go for it.

gayle bong 01-25-2012 05:08 PM

Even if you don't have a budget for new flooring, furniture or whatever, it is still satisfying and rewarding to reorganize. It gives you a breath of fresh air. Enjoy!

luvTooQuilt 01-25-2012 05:36 PM

YES YES YES paint... I agree with the yellow, it will make your lil getaway area bright and cheery...

Floor and furniture can wait... Who knows you may find something good at Goodwill for housing/storing fabric- so peek in there from time to time. I recall a post where a member got a Koala Table for $7 !!!!!

Looking forward to before and after pics..

spartan quilter 01-25-2012 07:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I agree with the advice to paint, and yellow is a great color. I am in the process of redoing what used to be a family room, on the west side of my house, and I painted it yellow. Now, everytime I walk past the door, it just makes me smile, because it is so cheery looking.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]306263[/ATTACH]
This picture shows the lighter yellow. The room is 12x20, so I painted the south wall a darker yellow, and I am so anxious for the trim board to be put back up, so I can get into the room. I understand your wanting to get it done and organized. Good luck with the remodel, you will love it.

psychonurse 01-26-2012 05:13 AM

Maybe you can find some mistake paint at your big box store that you like to save on the cost of painting. but for sure paint while you are rearranging.
Maybe you could make a quilt and exchange it for flooring.

QuiltinMama 01-26-2012 05:18 AM

Yes Paint it will make you feel like a brand new room!!
hugs
quiltinmama

sparkys_mom 01-26-2012 05:50 AM

Originally Posted by Mad Mimm (Post 4910541)
I should quantify my post by saying that we are trying to do a no-cost remodel. Of course, if I paint, that will add a nominal cost that I can afford (and sounds like I should just go for it and do!) but I don't have any $ for furniture, new floors, etc. So in my limited case, we are talking moving some new storage shelves in from another room and rearranging quite a bit of shelving that is attached to the walls. So thanks for helping me make up my mind - I WILL paint! ;D

And I will also begin squirreling away any leftover grocery money to pay for flooring and future remodels of a grander nature!

Take a peek into the "oops" paints at Home Depot. If you are lucky you might find something you really like at a much reduced price.

damaquilts 01-26-2012 06:25 AM

Definately paint. It will make it really feel like a brand new space.

ksdot417 01-26-2012 06:27 AM

I would definitely paint. There's nothing like a fresh coat of paint to freshen up any room. Then I'd hang some of my quilts up to give the room some character. It's a lot of work to redo/rearrange a sewing area but the end results are well worth the time and effort. Can't wait to see your pictures.

quiltyfeelings 01-26-2012 08:10 AM

No, you should not paint... YOUR HUBBY SHOULD!!!!