Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Rotary blades and magnetic trays (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/rotary-blades-magnetic-trays-t154897.html)

vondae 09-22-2011 07:17 AM

Harbor Freight is having a sale on their "carpet" (rotary) blades for $1.49 for 2 and their magnetic trays -6 inch round is $3.99 and the rectangle one (i think it is about 8"X4") is $7.99. Sale last until Sept. 30, 2011. At least at our store in Amarillo, Tx.
Stock up time. Maybe someone can save a little money to use on fabric. Ok, maybe a chocolate candy bar????

cjomomma 09-22-2011 07:24 AM

That's awesome!

I've heard some complaining about the blades but I discovered that if you clean the blade first then it works great. It seems that some of the packaging gets stuck to the blade and prevents it from cutting. Just throwing that out there! :-)

Becka 09-22-2011 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
That's awesome!

I've heard some complaining about the blades but I discovered that if you clean the blade first then it works great. It seems that some of the packaging gets stuck to the blade and prevents it from cutting. Just throwing that out there! :-)

I found the same thing. At first I wasn't too impressed with the blades, but once I tried that I haven't had a lick of problem with any of them. And mine is just one of those cheapo 4.99 sharpeners :)

Thanks, Vondae, for the heads up on the sale. I anticipate a visit on my lunch hour... I love those magnetic bowls.

Airwick156 09-22-2011 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by Becka

That's awesome!

I found the same thing. At first I wasn't too impressed with the blades, but once I tried that I haven't had a lick of problem with any of them. And mine is just one of those cheapo 4.99 sharpeners :)

Thanks, Vondae, for the heads up on the sale. I anticipate a visit on my lunch hour... I love those magnetic bowls.

What do you use the magnetic bowls for?

Holice 09-22-2011 07:51 AM

use the magnetic bowls for your pins

Becka 09-22-2011 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by Airwick156

Originally Posted by Becka

That's awesome!

What do you use the magnetic bowls for?

safety pins, straight pins, thumb tacks, screws and nuts, snaps for the doll clothes, clasps for jewelery, snipper scissors, packages of assorted needles, empty bobbins... about the time I think I've got enough, I find I need another one for this or that. I have a magnetic strip in my basement that they all hold to, right in a row. I'm a total klutz, so when I end up knocking my pins or whatever around, the bowl goes spinning but the stuff doesn't spill out :) :thumbup:

GrannieAnnie 09-22-2011 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by vondae
Harbor Freight is having a sale on their "carpet" (rotary) blades for $1.49 for 2 and their magnetic trays -6 inch round is $3.99 and the rectangle one (i think it is about 8"X4") is $7.99. Sale last until Sept. 30, 2011. At least at our store in Amarillo, Tx.
Stock up time. Maybe someone can save a little money to use on fabric. Ok, maybe a chocolate candy bar????

I'll be in town tomorrow. I'll run by and look. I could use the bigger tray and can always use blades.

Thanks for the info

QuilterGary 09-22-2011 08:57 AM

check out their LED lights they always have a good selection.

Quiltingharlet 09-22-2011 09:03 AM

Do the Blades fit the Rotery Cutters? Or are you using them with a "Carpet Cutter"?

cjomomma 09-22-2011 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by Quiltingharlet
Do the Blades fit the Rotery Cutters? Or are you using them with a "Carpet Cutter"?

They fit the rotary cutters. The blade is exactly the same.