Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Round Robin - UP and RUNNING!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/round-robin-up-running-t6017.html)

tlrnhi 04-14-2008 01:06 PM

I have to figure out a block?
You didn't mention that! UGH!!
<only joking>
Ok, now I have to figure out WHAT I am going to do for a block. Decisions, decisions........

vicki reno 04-14-2008 03:01 PM

That has been what has kept me all stirred up. I am having a terrible time deciding which one to make! :lol: Life sure is complicated sometimes. :lol:

Dawn Hendrix 04-14-2008 03:09 PM

I am thinking randomness... so whatever you guys do will be for me. Does that make sense?

I have been seacrching the web and am pretty sure I have my center picked out. It will be scrappy so no-one has to hunt to hard to find matching fabrics... PLUS I just love the scrappy look.

But the best part it .. this will have all of you guy's hard work with mine.

Can ya tell I am just a little bit excited!

GMarie 04-14-2008 06:14 PM

So, does everyone do a center and then you all send them around so everyone ends up with a finished quilt at the end?

imaquilter 04-14-2008 06:34 PM

yes, you make your own center and then it is sent around and other people put borders on it. Then, when completed it gets sent back to you.

imaquilter 04-14-2008 06:36 PM

bebe 04-14-2008 07:02 PM

HI,
Do you think we can have a little longer to make our center. I need to find something plan my fabric and then make it. What about May 15th or later?

Bebe

Connie1948 04-15-2008 03:36 AM

I am in a round robin that just started in our local area. I just finished the first round on the center I recieved. We will exchange them at our meeting each month. We have 6 in our groups. Our rules are kind of spelled out. The first round had to be pieced triangle of some kind. Round two is set the block on point. Round 3 will be a border with curves, round 4 is our choice, round 5 is applique. I think I like your idea of no rules for each border. Our center was to be 12 to 18 inches. It could be pieced or just a cut of fabric. The one I submitted is pieced and 16 1/2". The 1st one I recieved is a cut piece of fabric. Borders must be 3 to 6 inches finished. I would love to join this group. having major surgery on Thursday to reconstruct my right shoulder. Four hour surgery. Dr says I will be in brace/harness for 6 to 8 weeks and then 6 to 12 months of therapy. Just not sure how much I will be able to do. I asure everyone my first goal is to rotary cut, sew, and quilt! Oh we also put in our bag a small sprial for each person to write what they did and why and a disposable camera so each step could be photographed. I am going to scan all the pics and notes onto photo fabric and use that as my label.
Hope this gives you some ideas.
Connie

mareliba 04-15-2008 05:38 AM

:mrgreen:
I am really looking forward to this. I have a tendancy to overdo things and am wanting to unleash some of my creative juices. Currently, I am finishing up 3 quilts - a wedding ring quilt for my son and his finance, and 2 twins quilts for twin beds we have in a guest room.

I was going to start on my block last night but decided to wait for the instructions.

tlrnhi 04-15-2008 05:46 AM

I'm trying to figure out WHAT kind of block and color to use.
Oh, decisions, decisions.......