Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   S*h*o*p*p*i*n*g~~~ S*p*r*e*e (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/s%2Ah%2Ao%2Ap%2Ap%2Ai%2An%2Ag%7E%7E%7E-s%2Ap%2Ar%2Ae%2Ae-t93813.html)

whitediamond00 01-30-2011 02:52 PM

Thanks for sending that to me. It doesn't look too hard. Think I'll go with lighter colors, if I ever make it.

twixbar 01-30-2011 03:39 PM

Beautiful colors.

RugosaB 02-02-2011 07:54 PM

I can't believe I opened this thread, and learned there were quite a few others here with a brain injury, like me!
It happened 3 years ago, and one problem I've noticed is that I have trouble making decisions. Used to be, if I went to Joann's, I was in heaven, and had a project in my head for every bolt of fabric. Now, I just can't decide, there are too many! I tell the kids it's a good thing they already have names and I tell my husband it;s a good thing we're still married, if I had to decide now I don't know that I could. When my son was little we'd used to laugh, her couldn't pick from a plate of chocolate cookies, they were all the same. Now I understand.
Something I learned, that might be helpful, might not be, for dizziness, I had great results with something I never heard of, called the Epley manuever. It's a very noninvasive way to rearrange the rocks in one's head (the ear plays a huge part in balance)
I'm greatly impressed with your color choices, the quilt is going to be lovely

dreamer2009 02-02-2011 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by RugosaB
I can't believe I opened this thread, and learned there were quite a few others here with a brain injury, like me!
It happened 3 years ago, and one problem I've noticed is that I have trouble making decisions. Used to be, if I went to Joann's, I was in heaven, and had a project in my head for every bolt of fabric. Now, I just can't decide, there are too many! I tell the kids it's a good thing they already have names and I tell my husband it;s a good thing we're still married, if I had to decide now I don't know that I could. When my son was little we'd used to laugh, her couldn't pick from a plate of chocolate cookies, they were all the same. Now I understand.
Something I learned, that might be helpful, might not be, for dizziness, I had great results with something I never heard of, called the Epley manuever. It's a very noninvasive way to rearrange the rocks in one's head (the ear plays a huge part in balance)

Dr John Epley is here where I live.
Have not been to see him though.

madamekelly 02-02-2011 09:03 PM

I do the Epley manuver almost daily, since vertigo set in.

Nanamoms 02-02-2011 09:38 PM

Love your colors...that's going to be my hardest part. I start second guessing myself!

RugosaB 02-07-2011 08:01 PM

dreamer2009 and madamekelly, knowing we share this makes this board seem even more like home, thank you for being here

raggedyann 02-07-2011 08:01 PM

very pretty--enjoy!

dreamer2009 02-07-2011 08:30 PM

dreamer2009 and madamekelly, knowing we share this makes this board seem even more like home, thank you for being here

yes, we are not alone :)
H*U*G*S