Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   satisfied w/ fabric quality from connecting threads ? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/satisfied-w-fabric-quality-connecting-threads-t130791.html)

just_the_scraps_m'am 06-15-2011 05:03 PM

has anyone used the solid color/blender fabric from connecting threads? there are lots of colors for less than $3/yd on clearance! i need a LOT of plain colors for backgrounds & i was wondering if you were satisfied with the quality?
THANKS in advance for replies!

ontheriver 06-15-2011 05:08 PM

Almost half my stash is from connecting threads, love them. Never had a problem with quality or service.

shadoh 06-15-2011 05:08 PM

you get what you pay for. i have purchased from there, i found the prints colourless and dull and the fabric is thin, the service is very good.

irishrose 06-15-2011 05:10 PM

I have only purchased Mirage - the blender and was satisfied with it. Oh, and a few batiks. One seemed a little stretchy, but it hasn't caused any difficulty in working with it. The color is great.

Jingle 06-15-2011 05:10 PM

The quality of their fabric is superior to Joanns. Very nice, I have lots and love it.

texpat45 06-15-2011 05:12 PM

Just got over $50 worth of solid/blender fabrics from them...think I'll order some more before the sale goes off. Nice products, great service, no problems!!

jigs1354 06-15-2011 05:20 PM

ask them for a samples of the colors, they'll do that I'm sure.
Jigs1354

Originally Posted by just_the_scraps_m'am
has anyone used the solid color/blender fabric from connecting threads? there are lots of colors for less than $3/yd on clearance! i need a LOT of plain colors for backgrounds & i was wondering if you were satisfied with the quality?
THANKS in advance for replies!

MTS 06-15-2011 05:23 PM

I bought a bunch of the solid FQ packs when they were on sale a few months ago. I haven't used them but they seemed find to me. I don't anticipate any problems.

However, just a note. The reason they were on clearance and couldn't be back-ordered (some combos were out of stock) was because they were phasing out a few of the colors. Since the packs had appeared in the catalog already, they wouldn't be able to reproduce them exactly with the same colors.

So if you buy any of the clearance solids, don't expect to be able to reorder the same EXACT color in the future.

shawnemily 06-15-2011 05:29 PM

I have a medium sized tote full of them that I got about 2 weeks ago. I love them! I haven't used them but I have gone through all of them and am very happy with the colors and quality! I am using them for the QFL star quilt.

just_the_scraps_m'am 06-15-2011 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by MTS
I bought a bunch of the solid FQ packs when they were on sale a few months ago. I haven't used them but they seemed find to me. I don't anticipate any problems.

However, just a note. The reason they were on clearance and couldn't be back-ordered (some combos were out of stock) was because they were phasing out a few of the colors. Since the packs had appeared in the catalog already, they wouldn't be able to reproduce them exactly with the same colors.

So if you buy any of the clearance solids, don't expect to be able to reorder the same EXACT color in the future.

yeah, i'm planning on OVER ordering for that very reason! thanks for the reminder,though!