Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Scooter Bag (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/scooter-bag-t90527.html)

trueimage 01-14-2011 07:21 PM

That is sooo cute! He has the same type arms, so I do believe something like this would work. He does have a basket as well. If you decide to make a bigger one, will you post a tute? I'm a novice so like to take the advice and instructions of the experts!

littlehud 01-14-2011 07:22 PM

Great idea. And those fabrics are so pretty. She is going to love it. Thanks for sharing.

Cyn 01-14-2011 07:50 PM

great idea!

lclang 01-14-2011 08:05 PM

Perhaps if you know what kind of scooter she has you could go to a local rest home and see if there is one there you could measure. A nice touch would be to make one for the person who let you measure for the one you will be making for your mom.

SandyinZ4 01-14-2011 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by lclang
Perhaps if you know what kind of scooter she has you could go to a local rest home and see if there is one there you could measure. A nice touch would be to make one for the person who let you measure for the one you will be making for your mom.

I had thought of that but she was in a hurry for it. But still a good idea and perhaps something I can pursue as a community project with my local quilt guild. ( A group of fabulous women!)

klgreene 01-15-2011 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by trueimage
That is sooo cute! He has the same type arms, so I do believe something like this would work. He does have a basket as well. If you decide to make a bigger one, will you post a tute? I'm a novice so like to take the advice and instructions of the experts!

Oh thanks for the expert, but if I was an expert it would have been done the right way the first time. I just played as I went. Actually the very first one I made was narrower but longer. So I tried it this was this time. Next one, strick 3, should be a good size. I actually think that SandyinZ4 has it done the first time!!!!!!

SandyinZ4 01-15-2011 02:53 PM

I don'tknow until I hear from my mom but I really like your idea of the elastic in the handles. I think between us al, we can come up with something great. I also padded mine with W&N so it would be a bit stiffer. Ran two lines of stitching down just to hold it in place. Could have quilted it a bit more if I had more time...maybe on the next one.

trueimage 01-16-2011 06:07 AM

Can't wait to hear how your mom likes it!

nannya54 01-23-2011 11:47 AM

That's a cute little bag. I like the fun Spring time look to it. With inches of snow on the ground, that would perk up anyone! You did great and let us know if it fits!

SandyinZ4 01-23-2011 11:53 AM

It did fit (just barely) and Mom loved it. Said she has gotten tons of compliments on it. I am thinking of trying to make another with the elastic in the handles, like klgreene, (top of page)another nice person on here, said she made hers. I hve an idea of trying to make one so it would be more accesible to get one's hand in. Will experiment and if it works out, I will do a tute. Might be a month or so, tho. You know how life gets in the way!