Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Screw fell out of my machine and I can't find where it goes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/screw-fell-out-my-machine-i-cant-find-where-goes-t108678.html)

Hosta 03-18-2011 02:17 PM

I was just patching a hole in the knee I didn't here anything fall I can tell its from the machine it matches the other screws except there is no line on it my husband says its a thumb screw. We looked every where we even opened the machine can't find anything I was just using the regular sewing foot I checked everything about it just every open hole nothing but it had to come from somewhere .

bjnicholson 03-18-2011 02:20 PM

And the hunt is on! I hate when that happens!

milp04 03-18-2011 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by cathyvv

Originally Posted by PWinston

Originally Posted by JulieR
I find that if you wait long enough, the home for the screw will pipe up and make itself known eventually. :)

Of course, by that point, you will have misplaced the screw.

Good luck in finding where it goes.

Tape the screw to the side of the machine so you don't lose it!

With a note with the date and what you were doing when you found the screw. If necessary put the screw in a baggy with the note and then tape to either the machine, your manual, or a special place with your sewing supplies, like the inside top of your sewing box.

Hope you find the home for the screw.

Pam M

Mary L Booth 03-19-2011 01:48 AM

That happened to me. Take the bottom off and you will find the screw.

Originally Posted by Hosta
I was patching jeans and took them off the machine and there was a screw that had to come from the machine but I can't find anywhere it goes. I've looked everywhere. Its an Janome 11000 and I took the arms off so I can sew the jean and I didn't hear it fall out. We opened up the machine can't find where it goes. Any ideas thanks

ThreadHead 03-19-2011 03:45 AM

Originally Posted by Hosta
I was patching jeans and took them off the machine and there was a screw that had to come from the machine but I can't find anywhere it goes. I've looked everywhere. Its an Janome 11000 and I took the arms off so I can sew the jean and I didn't hear it fall out. We opened up the machine can't find where it goes. Any ideas thanks

I have a magnet that I taped to the end of my back scratcher. I use it to pick up pins that I drop. I really need to put it on something longer like my yard stick so I can get further back under my tables/desk. Works for me !
Syl

Sallyflymi 03-19-2011 03:59 AM

I hate that when it happens to me. I would tape the screw in plastic bag to the sewing machine. That way you will always know where the screw is. Lets hope that no damage is done until you can find it's home.

Weenween 03-19-2011 04:43 AM

open the machine back up and turn your machine up side down
sheet or something big that won't let it roll around to much.I had to do this myself.

Alice Woodhull 03-19-2011 04:51 AM

Put it in the accessory box on the front of the machine. When you find out where it goes, you'll have it. If your machine has to go into the shop, tell the repairman it's in there if he needs it. I had the little screw fall out that holds the presser foot up to go over thick seams and just put it back in where it belonged. I also have the 11000.

Traditional 03-19-2011 05:01 AM

I remember when this happened to me I was so concerned and found it came from my presser foot. Check it out.

catmcclure 03-19-2011 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by PWinston

Originally Posted by JulieR
I find that if you wait long enough, the home for the screw will pipe up and make itself known eventually. :)

Of course, by that point, you will have misplaced the screw.

Good luck in finding where it goes.

I disassemble my machine occasionally to clean it (or repair sometimes). Take the loose screw and a piece of clear packaging tape and tape the screw to the inside of your accessory box. It will be there the next time you take it to the repairman and he can put it back where it belongs.