Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Secret Quilt Angel (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/secret-quilt-angel-t115609.html)

miholmes 04-12-2011 11:41 AM

Okay, I've seen people mentioning this on some of their replies. I got "so and so" thanks to my Quilting Angel.

Is this like a swap? Is there a place I can sign up? I think this sounds like a nice fun idea. Is it like a secret santa thing but all year round?

Details, details please! :)

LoriEl 04-12-2011 11:42 AM

I was wondering that myself because how do you get someone's address if you don't sign up?

amma 04-12-2011 11:45 AM

There was a year long swap, it ended in December. There is not a new one now.

Check out the swap section, a new one may start at any time.

Also, some are just random gifts. If you ask around in PM's, you may be able to get a hold of a person's address to send them a squishy :D:D:D

mimom 04-12-2011 11:47 AM

omg, it is a swap a secret pal swap, I think its every month. if you go down to the bottom of the page you will see a link to swaps.

it is very orginized, their will be a message sent out for May. I signed up for the April swap it closed on april 2 and by the 3rd or 4th I received my secret pals information address, likes, dislikes. There is a 10.00 limit it can be stuff from your stash or store bought. We have to mail out our stuff by april 19th

LoriEl 04-12-2011 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by mimom
omg, it is a swap a secret pal swap, I think its every month. if you go down to the bottom of the page you will see a link to swaps.

The secret pal swap is different.

miholmes 04-12-2011 11:56 AM

Ooo several of these sounds great....why haven't I looked at this section before? :)

cjomomma 04-12-2011 12:03 PM

A secret quilting Angel is kept a secret.
Quilting Angel knows you and you know her/him.
Secret pal swap is kept a secret until the package is delivered with a note of who it is from. There is a secret pal swap on the board that runs from month to month and you have a different pal each month that you sign up.
I don't know how you would become a secret Angel.

I have a wonderful Quilting Angel who contacted me first so as not to insult me by just sending something. I would never be insulted by a surprise package. Anyway we have become great friends and everyonce in a while she sends me quilting things in the mail. I can't tell you how excited I get.
I have also sent items to others who needed help.

If you really pay attention to some posts you will be able to find someone to bless.

kwhite 04-12-2011 12:05 PM

Yeah it was a one year long swap that I hosted. I am still twitching over that one. The month to month secret pal swap is a much better idea.

Grama Lehr 04-12-2011 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by kwhite
Yeah it was a one year long swap that I hosted. I am still twitching over that one. The month to month secret pal swap is a much better idea.

Thank you for hosting the S.Q.A.! I have made some really good friends because of the swap!

kwhite 04-12-2011 05:27 PM

I am pleased so many have made wonderful friends. i would not take it back if I had the opportunity.......nor would I do it again. LOL