Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Selective memory? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/selective-memory-t86442.html)

Favorite Fabrics 12-31-2010 07:58 AM

Is it just me - or is there anyone else out there - who can remember where they bought every piece of fabric, and even the name of the collection it is from and possibly the designer too - but can't recall what you had for supper last night, or what errands it is you're supposed to be running this afternoon?

Cyn 12-31-2010 08:05 AM

No I can't remember much of anything anymore!

Charleen DiSante 12-31-2010 08:10 AM

Is it anything like the times when you buy a piece of fabric and come home and find out you already have a piece of it? I tried writing the SKU on the side after getting it home but that didn't last long.

thequilterslink 12-31-2010 08:23 AM

i can remember where i got most of my fabric, but not the mfg or designer, i never look, i just buy what i think is pretty. As for what i had for supper, sure i remember, because i made enough to have it for lunch today too.

bj 12-31-2010 08:25 AM

I had an aunt who said she had selective hearing...she heard what she wanted to. I've on 3 occasions bought great new quilting books, only to get home and discover I already had them. Finally took the extras to a guild meeting and gave them to folks there that liked them. I have to write myself notes about errands to run and bills to pay or I forget sometimes. I've been known to call myself and leave a message of something I need to do/look for when I get home. I'd say it's an age thing, but I've always been that way. (O:

amma 12-31-2010 08:28 AM

I guess we remember all of the "important" things :D:D:D

willferg 12-31-2010 08:42 AM

I can pretty much remember every piece, especially if I bought it -- not so much if I got it from someone else.

One time, though, I was looking through my fabric and I pulled a box out from under the bed and almost had a heart attack. It was full of fabric I did not recognize at all! I just couldn't understand it. Then I remembered that I had bought the whole box from a woman who had collected it to do watercolor quilts, so I hadn't actually bought it piece by piece. It was a big relief!

I can remember when/where I bought it and what I planned to do with it. Now if only I actually used up more of it!

Laurie

Lori S 12-31-2010 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by Favorite Fabrics
Is it just me - or is there anyone else out there - who can remember where they bought every piece of fabric, and even the name of the collection it is from and possibly the designer too - but can't recall what you had for supper last night, or what errands it is you're supposed to be running this afternoon?

It not just you. I guess my fabric is more important than.... alot of things. I can even remember how much I paid for the fabric. My mom is always amazed she will pull out a fabric from my stash to admire it and ask "where did you get/find this?" never really expecting a answer , but I can tell her where , when , and how much it was a yard, and the manufacture and designer/collection.
Now if I can just remember to get what I went to the grocery store for...

LucyInTheSky 12-31-2010 09:02 AM

Yup, I'm like that. I also can go through my very large tub of scraps and tell you exactly which quilt it came from. Drove DH nuts when he was helping me iron for a scrap quilt :D

LucyInTheSky 12-31-2010 09:03 AM

Oh, and I'm a teacher, and I realized I have to go back to school next week (which, lol, that's really selective memory) and I was trying to remember the names of my students and not a whole lot came to mind. And I'm 25, so I really don't have an excuse :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: