Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   sewing machine jamming (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/sewing-machine-jamming-t2381.html)

chamby 09-20-2007 05:04 AM

I am working on casserole cozies for Christmas. I am using insul-brite between the layers of fabric. After sewing for a while my machine starts to jam. I have to stop and and rotate the wheel to get the thread out of the bobbin area. I have cleaned, lubricated and changed the needle. Any ideas on how to stop this from happening?

edited to remove personal email addy by Boo 9/24

Norah 09-20-2007 05:57 AM

I would also clean the bobbin area regularly and often. Rethread the machine and then experiment with the thread if that doesn't work.

vicki reno 09-20-2007 06:35 AM

Tension settings and needles will have a bearing on how your machine perorms. You may want to experiment with those on scraps and see if the adjustments you make help at all.

mimisharon 09-20-2007 07:13 AM

That stuff is wonderful but it clogs up the machine, too. You'll likely have to clean and adjust between each time....make sure the needle is sharp, too. But check those tensions, too, Norah is way right it's going to make a difference, big time.

chamby 09-20-2007 08:40 AM

I have done all of these steps. It works for a little while. Then it will start jamming again. I am thinking that maybe I need to take machine in to be serviced.

mimisharon 09-20-2007 03:32 PM

Call the repairman and ask him if that could be the problem. I know mine used to tell me, he was an honest man that would help me with different things, even to showing me the best way to use the old cams in the first singer I had.

I hate we couldn't help you figure it out.

Sharon

ButtercreamCakeArtist 09-20-2007 06:30 PM

I did all those things, too, and it kept doing it....

Pack it up and carry it around in your car for a week. THen, give it to your friends to carry around in their car. Take it inside WM twice. Then, bring it back in, sprinkle a little fairy dust around it and make sure to cuss it about 100 times throughout the week.

Seriously, I did this. Mine works OK now, for some stupid reason. See my post about fed up with feed dogs.....(to get the whole story).

live2teach 09-20-2007 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by ButtercreamCakeArtist
I did all those things, too, and it kept doing it....

Pack it up and carry it around in your car for a week. THen, give it to your friends to carry around in their car. Take it inside WM twice. Then, bring it back in, sprinkle a little fairy dust around it and make sure to cuss it about 100 times throughout the week.

Seriously, I did this. Mine works OK now, for some stupid reason. See my post about fed up with feed dogs.....(to get the whole story).

HAHA! Miranda, you crack me up!

chamby 09-21-2007 04:59 AM

Thanks Buttercream for the response. I know how you felt. I told my family the other night that I was going to walk away from the sewing machine for the night. I told them that if I didn't I was going to toss it in the floor, stomp it and then cuss it.

I sewed last night. It only jammed twice and not bad. I have had these needles for years. They are in the pack. But I do not know if they have ever been used. I will go this weekend and buy new ones. If it continues to jam I will just take it in to be serviced.

nanabirdmo 09-21-2007 09:20 AM

LOL so that's how it works.