Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Sewing machines - what do you use? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/sewing-machines-what-do-you-use-t116.html)

Jezebel George 11-22-2006 05:50 PM

I have two sewing machines - a 220 bernina, and a 4800 QC Jamone. I love them both but prefer the Janome. What do the rest of you like to use?

N.J.linda 11-22-2006 05:57 PM

I have a very faithful old friend my one and only machine a bernina 1000 special (the new version is a 1008)

BarbC 11-22-2006 06:02 PM

I have a very basic low-cost machine.. a Brother.. XT65 (I think that is the model).. no stitch regulartor.. not computerized.. no embrodiery etc. I mean not one bell or whistle... but it was all we could afford when I started this journey and it has and continues to serve me well. Maybe one day I will get a fancier machine. In the meantime, I keep notes on the machines folks love and hate for when that day comes.

Barb C

imak 11-22-2006 06:45 PM

Hi, I have two VERY old singers that are electric, but haven't used them in quite a while. Do let others use them when I am teaching them to sew in my home. A few years ago my great husband got me a Huskvarns Rose that is computerized and does embroidery. Also has over 30 built in stitches. I really love it as I cad do everything with it. Over the years I have added some of the items I needed to go with it so can do lots of things. +A couple of quilts are next after the holidays.
I also know some who really like their Bernina machines.
till next time, Happy stitching! :D :D

Imak

Donna 11-22-2006 07:19 PM

I have two Singers, the 6268 and the XL1000, have never been happy with the 6268, one of those bad apples in the basket from the moment I bought it. They could never fix it and would not replace it. The XL1000 is ok, but my heart is set on some day buying a Janome (with the larger throat) for my Gracie II and just using the XL1000 for piecing. I shop hop regularly in order to win a Janome so I can trade the new machine in to our dealer here in town and hopefully have whatever extra I will need to buy the one I need, hmmm, should that be want.

Donna

Boo 11-22-2006 07:31 PM

I have numerous machines that have been collected over the years. The one used exclusively now is a Janome 4623LE. This is a basic machine, yet a solid workhorse. I use it for piecing as well as machine quilting. Some day when I am rich and famous, I would love to have the Janome 6500 or the 6600 with the larger throat plate. If anyone out there wants to make my dreams come true, my birthday is in September. LOL

I also have a serger that gets use when sewing strata for charity quilts. There is nothing that can sew as fast. I also use it to finish garment seams.

Donna 11-22-2006 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by Boo
If anyone out there wants to make my dreams come true, my birthday is in September. LOL

I also have a serger that gets use when sewing strata for charity quilts. There is nothing that can sew as fast. I also use it to finish garment seams.

OOP's, my birthday is February and I also have a serger (sure love that machine) all my clothes are made with that unless there are inside corners, never got very good at that.

Donna

BarbC 11-22-2006 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by Boo
Some day when I am rich and famous, I would love to have the Janome 6500 or the 6600 with the larger throat plate. If anyone out there wants to make my dreams come true, my birthday is in September. LOL

Mine is in September also... so maybe they can treat both of us! LOL! The large throat plate is what I like the most about the Janome 6600. Barb

BarbC 11-22-2006 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by Donna
I shop hop regularly in order to win a Janome so I can trade the new machine in to our dealer here in town and hopefully have whatever extra I will need to buy the one I need, hmmm, should that be want.

I shop hop too in hopes of winning one! Barb

GeeGee 11-22-2006 08:59 PM

Barb, I think I have the same machine! I like it so much that I'm afraid to spend big $$ only to find out it's not as great as I'd hoped.