Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Sewing table for Bernina 440 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/sewing-table-bernina-440-a-t208674.html)

Xtgirl 12-17-2012 07:29 PM

Sewing table for Bernina 440

Hi,

I have been researching sewing tables to drop my 440qe into and am trying to decide between the gidget table(don't know if I'd need I or II) or the sewezi table. Obviously the gidget tables are less expensive but if you have to buy the insert separate to Create a flat surface, would I be better off with the sewezi table that comes with the insert? I will mostly use it in my house but wouldn't mind it being portable. I use the knee lever a lot but don't have an embroidery unit. Thanks in advance for your opinions.

hopetoquilt 12-17-2012 07:37 PM

I bought gidget and hated it. It shook and was heavy and I could not find an insert. I sold it and bought the sew-ezi and love it. Lighter, more easily transportable, doesn't shake, higher quality. I also got the insert to use it as a light box. Very happy with sew-ezi.

Dolphyngyrl 12-17-2012 09:09 PM

Gidget is still cheaper even with the insert. I have been happy with my gidget 2. It even fits my dreamweaver and that sucker is heavy. I don't have any shaking so not sure what the other lady is talking about, and the inserts are custom made. My machines only been out a few months and they made an insert in 2 weeks. The gidget 2 is very sturdy, don't think its as portable as the sew ezi, but it is easy to break down and set up. I don't regret getting mine

Xtgirl 12-17-2012 11:29 PM

Does anyone know which gidget I would need to go with for the 440? It is within the dimensions of the I with the small extension table off, but it measures too big with the clear plastic piece. I could more easily justify the 1 as the price difference between that and the sew ezi would be at least 100 dollars but once you buy the 2 and an insert it almost makes more sense to go with the sew ezi table.

RonieM 12-18-2012 10:36 AM

I have a Bernina 440QE and a SewEzi table. I LOVE the SewEzi table! It is more expensive, but I love the portability. I go to several retreats a year and guild sew-ins and I just love taking the table with me.

Sew4funCA 12-19-2012 01:28 PM

http://Www.sewing-table.net/gidget-II-sewing-table

If you buy the Gidget II, you can get a custom insert made. Try checking if your sewing machine fits the universal insert, so maybe you can save some money. Arrow has a great support team and they're very friendly, so I'd recommend them. At the site above I found the Gidget II for 179 and free shipping. Not sure how much it is elsewhere.

Sorry if there are typos. I'm on my phone checking the forum out. :)

Skittl1321 12-19-2012 03:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I have the Gidget I for my 430 (same body as 440). I think it is fabulous- no shaking.
I don't use an insert. I adjusted the drop down so that the honeycomb table that comes with the machine fills the space, with a teeny bump. It hasn't been a problem when quilting, everything glides as nicely as a fully even surface- no extra money spent.

Excellent value for the money. (And it is easy to move around- I keep it in one spot for sewing but move it to a different location when I need an outfeed table for a large quilt.) I love this table.

sweetana3 12-19-2012 04:57 PM

i tested and bought the Sewezi table for my Bernina 440 and Featherweight. It is perfect for my space and travels so well. I do not switch out the support but found a large book that raises up the Featherweight to the proper height.

It is big enough and slick enough to move fabric easily and I just move it in front of a large folding table if I need more room. I have a magnetic dish for pins and it fits in the little circular depression on the right of the table. All in all one of the best purchases i have ever made.

Xtgirl 12-20-2012 08:37 PM

That's great feedback. I'm going to try the gidget I without the insert as it is much less expensive and seems to fit pretty nicely.. I'd love the sew ezi but can't spend the money right now if tree is something that would work that is more affordable.. Thanks!

Originally Posted by Skittl1321 (Post 5729978)
I have the Gidget I for my 430 (same body as 440). I think it is fabulous- no shaking.
I don't use an insert. I adjusted the drop down so that the honeycomb table that comes with the machine fills the space, with a teeny bump. It hasn't been a problem when quilting, everything glides as nicely as a fully even surface- no extra money spent.

Excellent value for the money. (And it is easy to move around- I keep it in one spot for sewing but move it to a different location when I need an outfeed table for a large quilt.) I love this table.