Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   She told me she'll have solid black cotton back in stock (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/she-told-me-shell-have-solid-black-cotton-back-stock-t198682.html)

justflyingin 08-25-2012 10:11 PM

She told me she'll have solid black cotton back in stock

I went to get some solid black cotton yesterday from a local store--the only local one that sells cotton fabric, that I've found.

She was out of it. I asked the owner (she was the one waiting on me) when she'd get it back in. I told her I could wait--I have plenty of projects and can just work on something else in the meantime. She called the person who delivers to her, apparently, and said he'd be out around the 9-11th of Sept. OK, I said...I can wait.

Those of you who have fabric stores around abundantly--any type--JoAnn, Walmart, etc. just be thankful. This is my "local fabric shop". She only carries one type of solid black, btw, so it's not like I can change types.

I am not complaining or hinting that I want anyone here to send me any--I don't.

I just want YOU to be thankful for what you have in the states. I'm thankful the owner was in and she knows I want black, so she will be sure to get some in! :)

stillclock 08-25-2012 10:14 PM

thank you for supporting her and not going all internet shopping all the time!

the owner of my lqs is a prig and her husband is worse. it's on it's way to becoming a knitting shop and i really cannot say i'm too sad about that turn of events...

aileen

117becca 08-26-2012 02:11 AM

Thank you for the reminder of how fortunate we in the States really are. It is easy to forget. I am glad that you will have your fabric.

sweetana3 08-26-2012 04:06 AM

This is one thing that keeps me enjoying living in a bigger city (1 million). We have almost too many choices and sometimes are not thankful for what we have.

I also enjoy the variety of garage sales and auctions found in the city.

gollytwo 08-26-2012 04:10 AM

Funny enough - none of my 3 fairly local shops carry solids, except for 30's.

justflyingin 08-26-2012 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by gollytwo (Post 5468482)
Funny enough - none of my 3 fairly local shops carry solids, except for 30's.

OOOH...That's terrible!

justflyingin 08-26-2012 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by sweetana3 (Post 5468481)
This is one thing that keeps me enjoying living in a bigger city (1 million). We have almost too many choices and sometimes are not thankful for what we have.

I also enjoy the variety of garage sales and auctions found in the city.

I am on the outskirts of Warsaw, which has about 2 million. But....fabric is simply not available like it is in the states. Esp. cotton--mostly they sell rayons or polyesters for dressy dresses.

crafty pat 08-26-2012 08:40 AM

We in this country are so spoiled at having everything at our finger tips we sometimes forget to count our blessings. We are blessed.

nygal 08-26-2012 08:41 AM

Yes, we can count our blessings here in the States when it comes to fabric choices. That's why I don't like it when many of "us" knock Walmart or Joanns or any other fabric store. I shop where I want be it in person or online.

MattieMae 08-26-2012 08:42 AM

Are there a lot of quilters, and which sewing machines are most popular?