Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Shop Hops (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/shop-hops-t146522.html)

LisaGibbs 08-20-2011 10:37 AM

I want to thank those that turned me on to the shop hops, I am amazed at how many quilting fabrics, patterns, BOM, notions and everything that is out there for quilting. Last night I was up until 4AM hopping, hopping, hopping and almost hit all the stores.

Question is--How do you go to all those stores and risk the temptation at buying all those great sales, bargains, and beautiful items out there? LOL, I believe this board has created a monster--LOL

orangeroom 08-20-2011 11:03 AM

I, too, love shop hopping. I make a rule that I try to live by when shop hopping. I try not to buy too much. Some stores I force myself to buy a fat quarter. Others I absolutely love a design and purchase 5-6 yards assuming that I'll use it as a backing.

Where on earth do shops stay open until the wee hours of the morning. Where I live in NY, some will stay open as late as 8pm! Even during shop hops! What is the average number of stores that participate in your shop hops? Here it's a big one if there are 12 shops, and a small one if there are only 6.

LisaGibbs 08-20-2011 11:06 AM

This is the one from online--- fabshophop.com its free and you have to visit and find the bunnies!!

orangeroom 08-20-2011 11:08 AM

Uh oh! I've never heard of a shop hop on-line... One of the women I work with only buys on-line. I'll have to check it out! Thanks Lisa!

no1jan 08-20-2011 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by LisaGibbs
I want to thank those that turned me on to the shop hops, I am amazed at how many quilting fabrics, patterns, BOM, notions and everything that is out there for quilting. Last night I was up until 4AM hopping, hopping, hopping and almost hit all the stores.

Question is--How do you go to all those stores and risk the temptation at buying all those great sales, bargains, and beautifu l items out there? LOL, I believe this board has created a monster--LOL

Yes, I agree, but when I was on vacation I found a couple of quilt panels, but when I went back they gone. I found them on the quilt shop. So it pays to look at the item on the shop hop. My computer is bouncing all around so if something doesn't make sense, sorry!

mzzzquilts 08-20-2011 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by LisaGibbs

Question is--How do you go to all those stores and risk the temptation at buying all those great sales, bargains, and beautiful items out there? LOL, I believe this board has created a monster--LOL

Here's a hint for you: If the site doesn't give you a good clue, I've usually found the bunny either on the "sale" link or the "newsletter" link. I hadn't done a hop for about a year until I did this August one, and I think the shops have started giving much better clues!

allbright 08-20-2011 12:28 PM

I am doing my first Bunny Hop and I have completed 154! Wheww! I can not find the bunny and Bug Fabrics.com...lol...I just need to find this last one...any advise??

LisaGibbs 08-20-2011 01:02 PM

WooooHooooo!! I visited all 155 sites!! YEAH for me. Now I have "mouse-thumbitis" from looking for them all in the last 24 hours!! Time for nap--

allbright 08-20-2011 02:23 PM

Goodness!! I finally found the last bunny!!! WhooHoo!! Good luck, LisaGibbs!!

TonnieLoree 08-20-2011 02:48 PM

My pocket book dictates what I can buy. Unfortunately, I'm only able to window shop to find bunnies, so far.