Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   should I buy it??? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/should-i-buy-t88886.html)

lovemonkie 01-09-2011 05:10 AM

Last night I found what I think is a good buy on an Accuquilt Go Baby on eBay. I bid and got it! Now I'm having second thoughts...about the price. It'll cost $105 plus $12 shipping.
And I see that I have to buy the mat and any dies.

Should I buy it??

S D G 01-09-2011 05:34 AM

Can you afford the cost plus extras? If no, then you have your answer.

thepolyparrot 01-09-2011 05:40 AM

Originally Posted by lovemonkie
I bid and got it! Now I'm having second thoughts... Should I buy it??

If you already bid and won, you don't have any choice - you've bought it.

You can list it as soon as you get it and sell it for at least close to what you paid for it.

quiltsRfun 01-09-2011 05:53 AM

Yup, it's yours now. I found out you have to do your research before bidding. But look on the bright side - think how much fun you'll have with your new toy.

featherweight 01-09-2011 07:27 AM

Ebay, you bid, you won. You purchased, Enjoy it, it is now yours!!!

CarrieAnne 01-09-2011 07:32 AM

I think you will LOVE it!

craftmama 01-09-2011 07:37 AM

I think you will love it. I have the larger one and love it.

amma 01-09-2011 07:40 AM

I think you own it now :D:D:D

MTS 01-09-2011 08:17 AM

And the sellers are the problem on eBay!?!??!

You bid on it, you bought it, you need to pay for it.

You just registered on ebay within the last month, this was your FIRST bid ever, there was one hour and 16 minutes left until the end of the auction, and you didn't think you maybe should at least glance at the buyer help pages - or even read the full description of the listing for full details of what accessories would or would not be included- BEFORE placing your bid?

Sometimes I think eBay needs to put a huge sign on the top of every page in bright lights flashing, "THIS IS NOT WALMART" to avoid this.

But most people probably wouldn't "see" it anyway.

I'm sorry for the rant but I'm so tired of buyers who don't/can't/won't read anything before they start bidding.

Enjoy your new Accuquilt Go Baby.

crochetetc 01-09-2011 08:43 AM

I bought one last Sunday and absolutely love it. I was going to pay $139 plus shipping. I managed to find it on sale at the last minute. It took a lot of coaxing from my husband to finish the transaction and order it. But so worth it.

I ordered 4 dies and 2 mats in addition to the go baby and I have already placed an order for a 2.5 strip die and mat.

So easy and saves so much time.

Check out Joann's they carry alot of dies and mats now and run them on sale, or checkout shoppersule.com for them. I bought mine there and they arrived within 4 days, awesome customer service and the lowest price I found online.

I understand your feelings about spending that much on something you may or may not like but in the end it is worth it!