Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Show me where you display your quilts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/show-me-where-you-display-your-quilts-t16520.html)

bugsmom 02-14-2009 11:23 AM

I love seeing how everyone decorates with or displays their quilts. Can anyone give me a few pictures of how they have done it?

Thanks,
Carrie

butterflywing 02-14-2009 12:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
this is an old pic of the one that was in my living room until my son took it away.

it hung in my living room, one of the only two walls big enough for my quilts.

butterflywing 02-14-2009 01:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
this is another quilt, same room. it too is gone. my daughter took it away.
by the way, this is the only other wall.

butterflywing 02-14-2009 02:19 PM

where are yours? where is every one else's.

in the place where i had the first quilt i now have a green and ....... uhmmmm........ orange quilt. i little bit loud. but the reason i can change colors is that i kept the walls white and all the furniture black leather for exactly this purpose. i also pulled up the carpeting when we moved in. same reason. freezing feet, but i think worth it.

littlehud 02-14-2009 03:05 PM

So far mine are all on beds except the wall hanging I made my dad and my seasonal wall hanging.

bugsmom 02-14-2009 03:19 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I collect quilts and I make them, so not all of the quilts I show I made. They are all over my house so I'm always looking for ideas where to put more. hehe My husband just loves it :roll:

I made this quilt, it was my first paper piecing. Not my best work but it's cute.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]2352[/ATTACH]

I made both of these quilts, they hang in our spare bedroom on a quilt rack.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]21116[/ATTACH]

This is a quilt top I bought and had quilted. I didn't make this one, but I love it.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]21198[/ATTACH]

bugsmom 02-14-2009 03:26 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Some More

The red quilt on the bottom, flower garden was made by my granddad's wife, the white flower quilt was bought at an antique stoor. The afghan on top was made for my grandma by my aunt.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]21244[/ATTACH]

quilt I bought on Etsy, on the shelf in my living room
[ATTACH=CONFIG]21273[/ATTACH]

I also bought this top and had it quilted. But it in an old egg basket under my great grandma's sewing machine in our living room.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]21312[/ATTACH]

bugsmom 02-14-2009 03:30 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Ok last few

quilt I made for my son's bed, also made the table topper next to the bed.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]21401[/ATTACH]

Quilt I made for my son, hanging in the boy's game room.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]21550[/ATTACH]

bugsmom 02-14-2009 03:33 PM

Butterflywing,
I love your quilts. They are so cheerful and look beautiful on the wall.

Marcia 02-14-2009 03:51 PM

Butterflywing, I love the quilt in your first picture. Is the young man in the second picture the one who "took" the first quilt?

Bugsmom-I love the way you have your quilts displayed. I love to find quilts tucked into unexpected places.

I will try to take some pics and post later.