Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Show me your painted Featherweight! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/show-me-your-painted-featherweight-t152625.html)

MaryAnnMc 09-13-2011 07:01 AM

Now that I'm a member of the Featherweight Club, I'm thinking of dressing up ol' Bitsy. She's in great shape, her decals are perfect, but she's just so... black. I think she needs a color more suitable for her personality. But I'd love to see your paint jobs. Here's your chance to show off! I need inspiration.

the casual quilter 09-13-2011 07:02 AM

Me too!!!! I'd like to get mine gussied up, but am not sure where to take it or how to go about it.

Jamiestitcher62 09-13-2011 07:11 AM

Go to thefeatherweight221factory.com. The guy is really nice. I conversed with him regarding a machine I wanted, but just didn't have the money to buy it.

Shelbie 09-13-2011 07:53 AM

If Bitsy is perfectly black, I'd hesitate to change her colour. I'd look for a Featherweight that is not perfect and do the paint job on that one.

Tinabodina 09-13-2011 07:54 AM

I would not change her color. It could take away from her value.

jljack 09-13-2011 08:44 AM

I think the painted ones are cute, but don't know what it'll do to the value over time. The original finish is really quite valuable, as some of them really took a beating, and others suffered from peeling.

Mariposa 09-13-2011 08:57 AM

I got mine from DeskDave/Featherweight Factory, and I love it! Yes, it is black, and she is pretty!! Very nice folks to deal with!

chickiez 09-13-2011 08:58 AM

I wouldn't change the color either. You just don't know if it would take away from its value?

MaryAnnMc 09-13-2011 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by MaryAnnMc
Now that I'm a member of the Featherweight Club, I'm thinking of dressing up ol' Bitsy. She's in great shape, her decals are perfect, but she's just so... black. I think she needs a color more suitable for her personality. But I'd love to see your paint jobs. Here's your chance to show off! I need inspiration.

Oh, now y'all have given me an excuse to buy a SECOND FW! So I should find an ugly one that needs the paint job, and let Bitsy remain her classy self. Well, maybe I'll make her a cute little cover instead. Quilted by her, of course. :mrgreen:

BUT I still want to see pictures!!!!

craftybear 09-13-2011 09:48 AM

make a cute sewing machine cover for Bitsy

Oh, now y'all have given me an excuse to buy a SECOND FW! So I should find an ugly one that needs the paint job, and let Bitsy remain her classy self. Well, maybe I'll make her a cute little cover instead. Quilted by her, of course. :mrgreen:

BUT I still want to see pictures!!!!