Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Show us your favorite pattern (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/show-us-your-favorite-pattern-t102622.html)

bigsister63 02-24-2011 06:38 AM

2 Attachment(s)
What is your favorite quilt pattern? There are so many wonderful quilt patterns out there. I think it would be cool if you showed us your favorite.(s) It would be nice if you gave the name of the pattern, designer, web site if given, how old pattern it is and post picture of quilt if possible. You all make beautiful quilts with many different patterns. I am always looking for another pattern to add to my wish list! My favorite is "4 PATCH STACKED POSIE" by H.D.DESIGN, WWW.HDDESIGN.NET, this is recent pattern. Hope to see many lovely quilts and patterns!

pattern
[ATTACH=CONFIG]130763[/ATTACH]

finished quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]130764[/ATTACH]

Mazda 02-24-2011 06:47 AM

Very nice!

Jan in VA 02-24-2011 06:55 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I really like your quilt!

My favorite is probably any quilt made from one simple block -- either a square or a rectangle, snowballed. I woke up this morning thinking about writing a book about using this shape and the fascinating ways - through color placement - it can make wonderful quilts. Talk about a One-Block-Wonder!

For example, the hearts below are made with this one shape -- various pink/red/burgundy/purple rectangles snowballed. It's a pattern I designed, available in a class I taught for our guild and the only one I have a picture of on file. There are at least five other quick patterns for quilts that could have been made in that class.

Rather like the log cabin block, one could use only that snowballed shape and make a quilt a month for a decade and not repeat oneself!

Wish the photo was larger so you could really see how varied and pretty it is.
Jan in VA

thequilterslink 02-24-2011 06:59 AM

I love the 4 patch posie too, just did a small one for a trade. I can't get a pic here tho.

SueDor 02-24-2011 07:01 AM

Loved both quilts!

donnajean 02-24-2011 07:17 AM

1 Attachment(s)
A Walk in the Mountains by Piece O'Cake. I believe they have made the pattern available again as an e-pattern on their website.

ggreenridley 02-24-2011 08:02 AM

I enjoy seeing the different blocks in a quilt. I am still learning the basics and have no favorite at this time.

Vanuatu Jill 02-24-2011 12:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Gosh, there are SOOO many-it's hard to pick a favorite! Most times, the CURRENT one I am working on becomes my favorite. If I had to pick one I have completed, I would say this Dresden Plate, with the appliqued border. I love the colors I made it in, and really enjoyed hand-applique and hand-quilting I did. I made it about 6 years ago or so, from a pattern out of Australian Patchwork and Quilting, designed by Leeanne Pitman. I sold it, but wish I still had it!! It sold for $400.00!!

bigsister63 02-25-2011 11:54 AM

The pattern shared are really nice. I checked out Walk in the mountain" and it is avaliable the e books. I am not quite ready to do applique yet but I will remember it. I wish others had posted patterns but oh well!!!!!!!!!