Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Show Us Your Quilts Using Muslin! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/show-us-your-quilts-using-muslin-t214009.html)

fabricbeforefood 02-17-2013 08:46 AM

I can't share--I can't figure out how to poast photos on this site or I would share lots of things!

tutt 02-17-2013 08:51 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's mine. Posted before, my grandmother did the top years ago and I finished it. The back and binding are muslin.

Daffy Daphne 02-17-2013 09:39 AM

1 Attachment(s)
One of the first quilts I ever made, when we were still using cardboard templates and cutting out each piece separately (ugh!). King size, handpieced and handquilted, for my middle daughter.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]395790[/ATTACH]

carslo 02-17-2013 09:51 AM

BOM using muslin from Joanns for the background

1 Attachment(s)
I wasn't sure if you wanted just backings or backgrounds, but here in a recently pieced BOM that I used muslin for the background. I didn't have enough beige regular fabric for the whole project, so I used some muslin that I bought as Joanns by the bolt. I liked how it all sewed together, and I am stippling (for the first time ) all the background. It is taking much longer than I anticipated so it has become a filler of time quilt :)

fayzer 02-17-2013 10:00 AM

I don't have a thing to show you but hopefully I will soon. You have given me great inspiration. These quilts are beautiful.

leaha 02-17-2013 10:23 AM

my avatar "dancing mugs" is ALL muslin, I hand dyed it, and used some white muslin for back ground, nice and soft

Krystyna 02-17-2013 11:26 AM

Oh my goodness! A fresh look at muslin! Sharon, I especially like the one with the birds!

patchsamkim 02-17-2013 12:23 PM

Not really a lover of muslin for backgrounds, backings...but see some wonderful quilts being shown here! Some so old-fashioned looking.
Tutt...I love the one that your grandmother made the top for, and you finished!

luvstoquilt 02-17-2013 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by Krystyna (Post 5868128)
Oh my goodness! A fresh look at muslin! Sharon, I especially like the one with the birds!

Thanks, Krystyna! I made 2 of those for twin beds...some of my first efforts. They are so soft. I really love muslin and had sort of drifted away from it...now after looking at these quilts I think I am going to "rethink" it some. I did use good muslin and I did wash it before I cut it because it tends to shrink some. Wish you would think of moving to Illinois..we could get into some real quilt fests!!! Honestly, I am not sure why anyone would move to this state...we are as poor as California! I came because the grandchildren are here and I really do love it...just wish the economy would improve and our local politicians would stop breaking the law.

barny 02-17-2013 03:29 PM

Oh, Daphne, your quilt is gorgeous. ALL of these quilts are gorgeous. I've got to get busy and get off this machine. LOL