Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   sigh ... woe is me (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/sigh-woe-me-t76256.html)

akgranny 11-13-2010 11:02 PM

my little [and only] machine broke :cry: first sign something was wrong .... my top thread caught someplace in the head, but would pull loose when i tugged. i took the cover off after the second time and couldn't see anything out of the ordinary.
then .... my top thread threw loose strings under my pieces. took the cover off again; everything seemed to be o.k.
sewed two more pieces [these were all 1" seams] and the foot lifter lever fell down! and wouldn't lift the foot back up. the only thing that lifts is the lever - it's no longer attached. yuk! my sewing machine place is i20 miles away. a snow storm is coming. sigh

meemersmom 11-13-2010 11:06 PM

What an awful thing to have happen, especially w/ a storm coming and being stuck indoors. When weather permits, are you going to get this one repaired or shop for a new one? Very sorry to hear of your troubles.

lindyline 11-13-2010 11:32 PM

Looks like it's time to do the old fashioned thing and sew by hand.
Sorry your machine broke, and hope the storm passes fast so you can go get it fixed.

wolfkitty 11-13-2010 11:36 PM

You've probably already checked this, but did your foot break off or just come unscrewed? Mine comes unscrewed from time to time, just far enough apart that I freak out at first whenever it does it. I'm so sorry about bad SM news so close to bad weather!

Jo Mama 11-13-2010 11:41 PM

Oh no. I always have a back up machine. I got a Bernina 440QE for my b-day in May but kept my 15-year Pfaff just in case. BTW, I took a class taught by Lisa Moore last Thursday. It was great and I learned some new techniques and a lot about Sitka, her home. Have you taken any of her classes? She is such a nice person too.

luvTooQuilt 11-13-2010 11:44 PM

Oh how horrible... hmm sounds like chocolate time... Im so sorry this happened to you.. Hang in there..

plainpat 11-14-2010 01:57 AM

Check to be sure your foot didn't just come loose & fall off. If so, simply put it back & tighten the screw.

Could the foot being so loose caused the thread problem?
Can you e mail anyone & ask for their advice, especially if they have a repair person there ?

Send more info & almost surely someone is using the same machine & can help. Good luck

dkabasketlady 11-14-2010 09:13 AM

Oh my!! I'm sorry about your sewing machine not feeling well and your bad weather too! I hope you're not without a machine for very long!

BellaBoo 11-14-2010 10:15 AM

Check to see if there is a set screw holding the lever to the shaft. It could have backed out or fell out. You should be able to see by taking the the right side the machine housing off.

sueisallaboutquilts 11-14-2010 03:23 PM

Oh no! So sorry to hear about it. That's why I got a backup machine- an old trusty Singer. Hope it all works out for you soon!