Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Signed up for 2 Quilt Shows w/Classes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/signed-up-2-quilt-shows-w-classes-t186345.html)

Christine27 04-16-2012 08:02 PM

Signed up for 2 Quilt Shows w/Classes

Friday I signed up to hear Ricky Tims at the Shipshewanaquiltfest. Then today I signed up for classes at the Machine Quilting Show in Wisconsin. I've got classes with DeLoa Jones, Dusty Farrell, and Karen McTavish. Yay! This is my first time to go away for quilt shows and my first time to take classes anywhere other than my LQS. I'm so excited! Now I just have to wait till June and August!

woody 04-16-2012 09:34 PM

Lucky you!! They sound like fun

gramajo 04-16-2012 09:35 PM

Christine,

DD and I are going to Shipshewanna also. We're seeing Ricky in concert Wed. night and are going to his talk Thur. am. I'm excited about going too.

Christine27 04-17-2012 04:25 AM

Originally Posted by gramajo (Post 5147325)
Christine,

DD and I are going to Shipshewanna also. We're seeing Ricky in concert Wed. night and are going to his talk Thur. am. I'm excited about going too.

Yay! I'm going to the Wednesday night concert too! I didn't sign up for Thursday because my sis-in-law did and so we're going to be trading my little niece back and forth. She signed up for the schoolhouse on Thursday. I figure I can take my niece in her stroller to the quilt show and around town but I didn't want to try her in the concerts, lectures, or workshops. Yay! I'm so excited! It looks like there will be plenty to do in Shipshewana without being signed up for Thursday's events. Now I have to start walking so I'll be ready for my first big quilt show. Yay! (I'm a little excited.) ;)

eparys 04-17-2012 04:27 AM

WOW - great selection of teachers. Lucky you!! - you will love them - esp Dusty - he is a hoot!!

Christine- 04-17-2012 04:28 AM

Wonderful! You'll have so much fun! You'll come home smiling, worn out, but with lots of pictures and new friends.

Tartan 04-17-2012 05:59 AM

Sounds like Fun, Fun, FUN!

romanojg 04-17-2012 06:05 AM

Congratulations. My friend just sent me the list for classes that will be at the sewing expo in June. I'm so excited. Most of the ones there have top of the line machines set up. The one I really want to take for quilting which includes FMQ is being done on new Vikings with the new foot; both of which I have. This is the next step that I want to get into with quilting. I want to be able to finish them and do more than SITD or tying them off. So this is perfect. We're also taking some on making clothing; it's been years since I've done that except for a jacket that I have almost done from this past year. With the jacket for the first time ever I was taught how to measure my body and get it to fit right and they have classes on the same guide line so that'll be good. I'll get a mini vacation away from home at the same time. Have fun learning new things.