Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   silly question for all you FMQ'ers... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/silly-question-all-you-fmqers-t47989.html)

RatherB Quilting 06-01-2010 03:34 PM

So, when I feed my daughter, I find myself opening my mouth...can't stop myself.
When I play video games, I am all over the place with my arms as I manuver through the game.
As I am quilting a stipple on my quilt (which by the way is a very very first for me) I find my head flopping back and forth around the curves I am making...as though I am going through the corners!!! I can't stop it!! What is up with that??
Do you find yourself moving your head as you manuver the quilt? Am I freakishly alone? Should I always quilt in private because of this?? :lol:
Just a question out of curiosity as I rest from my harrowing ride around that last block.
:D :oops:

hazeljane 06-01-2010 03:39 PM

Hahaaa. I don't think I move my head around, but when I was a kid, the Catholic church started up with the Lay Eucharistic Ministers and my mom got involved. And every time she gave someone communion, she opened her mouth wide, like she was feeding a baby.

I wouldn't quilt in private. Just go with it! Show no shame! You are a quilter, darn it, and no one can tell you how to do it.

no1jan 06-01-2010 03:50 PM

I haven't really stippled yet, but do open my mouth when feeding babies, and do a lot of hand and arm gestures when talking or playing a game.

I think it is very natural! And so what if someone sees you. It just shows you are giving your full concentration!

marsye 06-01-2010 03:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
LMAO!! :lol:

lhavelka 06-01-2010 05:44 PM

Okay I will admit it too I move my head and neck around as I stipple too!

marsye 06-01-2010 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by lhavelka
Okay I will admit it too I move my head and neck around as I stipple too!

Can you guys make us a video? I would like to see this! :lol:

magnolia 06-01-2010 06:08 PM

I'm so glad someone else asked this because I have been secretly wondering. However, I don't move my head around, I just make funny faces. I laugh just thinking about it!

BellaBoo 06-01-2010 06:26 PM

I was taught to not squinch my eyes in the sunlight and to keep my mouth shut while putting on mascara. I taught my DDs that too. I have very few wrinkles around my eyes and I think not squenching in bright light is the reason. Not opening your mouth while apply mascara/eye make up is suppose to help you not feel anxious or nervous. A dear lady in my church when I was a teen went to a famous finishing school in Europe with royalty and she always tried to teach all the young girls about having class and elegance. Her family lost their fortune soon after she was educated in the art of being a lady. She was always a lady and has inspired me from the day I met her.

lhavelka 06-01-2010 06:41 PM

Oh no no videos of my head going back and forth. Another thing that I just realized is my eyes do squinch and I clench my mouth too. Oh no what a sight that must be lol!!!

annette1952 06-01-2010 07:21 PM

LOL you gals are funny! I think if whatever you are doing works & helps you quilt, then just do it. No right or wrong way! I would like to be a little mouse in the corner though.