Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Simply beside myself LOST QUILT!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/simply-beside-myself-lost-quilt-t30981.html)

feline fanatic 12-06-2009 10:37 AM

My DH and I have torn apart the house looking for my quilt "Tumbling Tabbies". I completed it in August and had it in the Bennington Quiltfest in September. We picked up the quilt and brought it home, never even took it out of the plastic bag we had for transport. I was planning on giving it to my mom for Christmas. I now can not find the quilt anywhere! My DH and I have seached everywhere, attic, closets, under beds. I tore my sewing room apart. It is nowhere to be found. I thought I remembered seeing the bag in our upstairs hallway but DH doesn't remember and that hallway has nothing in it now. I don't remember taking it anywhere for any show and tell. I just have no idea where this quilt is and I am heartsick over it. :-(

shaverg 12-06-2009 10:45 AM

I am so sorry. Hopefully you will find it.

dakotamaid 12-06-2009 10:48 AM

These "lost" treasures often show up in the unlikeliest places! How large was it and did you put it away with something else?

BellaBoo 12-06-2009 10:50 AM

Oh, I just know it will turn up! The package was probably picked up and moved to a better spot and the picker upper was thinking of something else and the memory slipped away. That happens to me all the time. When it does show up the picker upper will say now I remember! I hope you find it before Christmas but it can be a Birthday present later!

sewjoyce 12-06-2009 10:51 AM

I'm so sorry you lost your quilt--but you'll find it!! :D :D

bearisgray 12-06-2009 10:52 AM

what kind of plastic bag did you have it in?

sure hope it shows up for you - -

have you donated anything to any charities?

I'm always terrified to put a quilt into a trash bag -

carrieg 12-06-2009 10:54 AM

Have you checked the trunk of your cars? Sometimes things stay in there a long time for me.

I prefer to use those gigantic ziploc bags or someother clear bag. Garbage bags are not for quilts.

GOod luck!

pocoellie 12-06-2009 11:17 AM

I'm so sorry, I hope you find it soon.

Tiffany 12-06-2009 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
Oh, I just know it will turn up! The package was probably picked up and moved to a better spot and the picker upper was thinking of something else and the memory slipped away. That happens to me all the time. When it does show up the picker upper will say now I remember! I hope you find it before Christmas but it can be a Birthday present later!

That is terrible and I hope you find it soon!!!

You know what will happen don't you? You will most likely stumble upon it a week after Christmas.

feline fanatic 12-06-2009 11:27 AM

I FOUND IT!!! It was driving me crazy, I just kept searching and searching. DH and I both remembered we had been on our motorcycles the day we picked it up from the quilt show. He said I had crammed it in my saddlebag but I kept thinking the quilt was too big. What I had totally forgotten is I had put the quilt in my T-bag which is a special type of luggage bag for motorcycles. I had walked by that damn T-bag so many times, which was in my sewing room, which doubles as my guest bedroom, which my brother uses when he comes so all his motorcycle crap, including HIS T-bag was piled up I just kept assuming it was his T-Bag. I just went up there again and noticed his T-Bag in the corner and I thought, if that's his T-bag, this must be mine and why does it seem it is stuffed full of something? So I unzipped it and there was the quilt. Jumping for joy and HUGE sighs of relief.