Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Is Simply Quilts gone from DIY also? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/simply-quilts-gone-diy-also-t1477.html)

Suz 07-19-2007 06:26 AM

From time-to-time, I tune in at 2:30 to catch the show on DIY, but come up empty. Is Alex gone for good? I have dial-up and am unable to open her pods on QNN.

This really irks me! We, as quilters, are a very large group and somehow we are being ignored. Obviously, the networks have never attended a quilt show nor looked at the amount of funds spent on quilting fabrics and supplies.

Are there other quilting shows I am missing? Perhaps we should we take up knitting, scrapbooking, crocheting, make jewelry, or better yet, cross stitch on plastic canvas? NOT!! While some of these endeavors are worthy, I would rather keep to my quilting.

Anyone else disgusted as well?

Suzanne

zyxquilts 07-19-2007 06:57 AM

Oh yeah! First my cable company dropped HGTV from my lineup, then when I switched to DishNetwork, and FINALLY have HGTV again, HGTV drops Simply Quilts! I don't have DIY on my lineup, so I didn't get to see those repeats either. I know most everyone in my guild wrote to HGTV when we first heard she was cancelled, but I guess they think that only "young" people watch & they only want to see how to fix up & sell their houses! Geez!
I've been able to watch some quilting shows on Public television, but it's hit or miss - I never know when they are on. I'm lucky to have dsl at home & T1 at work, so I am able to watch The Quilt Show online with Ricky Tims & Alex.
HGTV just doesn't realize what they're missing....

sue

danna738 07-19-2007 07:25 AM

Same problem here. I wish they would put some of the quilting shows on On Demand. I work all day and don't get a chance to watch them. It does seem like all of the shows are yuppies paying exorbitant amounts for shacks that they fix up and sell for 5 times what they paid. Do you check out Quilters News Network on the internet?

Virta Walter 07-20-2007 05:21 AM

I was just as disgusted as every one else, we live in a rural area and Alex was the one who got me started on quilting (2002) and now whe is gone from both HGTV and DIY. I used to see some on PBS and now that is gone. I am able to see Eleanor Burns (Quilt in a day) on RFDTV. Check it out.

danna738 07-20-2007 07:22 AM

RFDTV sounds great, but we don't have that either. I have almost 600 channels and still nothing to watch. I would love to know what kind of people run the stations and tv channels. Who gets to pick through the trash to decide what actually goes on tv? I am not a prude, but I am still shocked at what the characters are allowed to say in the early evening time slots. I am glad my kids are old enough that I don't hav to filter what they watch.

laparshall 09-06-2007 08:17 AM

Simply Quilts is back on HGTV. In my area it is on at 8:00 a.m.