Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Singer 160 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/singer-160-a-t190426.html)

granny216 05-30-2012 06:00 PM

Singer 160

I just saw this new 160 Ann. Edition Black sewing machine but didn't have the time to see a demo. Does anyone have it and are you enjoying it? It looks so modern.

QuiltingHaven 05-30-2012 06:32 PM

I bought mine on the Home Shopping Network in January when they were first introduced. I really like it and use it for a lot of my sewing. Does a great job. Jo Ann Fabrics has had it on sale for the last few weeks. A good buy. I got a lot of extras on the home shopping network and the price was right. The hubby said "Merry Christmas!"

granny216 05-31-2012 04:17 AM

I saw it in JoAnn's and they are on back order. Really want to know if that $349 justifies another machine. I wondered if people are satisfied with it. I went into internet and saw a short clip but it doesn't sound like any machine I have heard before. Will have to find time to go and see a demo...right now having painting done inside and constantly moving stuff around. I do have several other machines and find that I need them all...one is used for machine applique, another for machine quilting, and I'd never give up my Featherweight or 301.

sewgray 05-31-2012 04:23 AM

I have two friends that each bought one from HSN, they really like the machine but it's loud when you sew.

Blackberry 05-31-2012 05:02 AM

Originally Posted by granny216 (Post 5254796)
I just saw this new 160 Ann. Edition Black sewing machine but didn't have the time to see a demo. Does anyone have it and are you enjoying it? It looks so modern.

I bought one from HSN and I really like it. It sounds a lot like by Brother CS6000i and uses the same cord and the same feet as the brother. It has a nice extension that is rounded in the front which I like better than the square one on the brother. My walking foot that came with my brother works on the 160 and I have quilted a couple of lap throws on this machine. It goes thru several thicknesses of material with no effort. I have not tried any of the extras that came with the HSN offer, mostly because I do all quilting except for an occasional AG dress for my GD. I actually bought it because I have several of the vintage Singer Black shiny sewing machines and I thought this would be a nice addition but now that I have it I find myself using it quite often. It is fairly lightweight which makes it handy for me to lift with my RA problem.

mighty 05-31-2012 07:47 AM

I have one and really like it.

Nanamoms 05-31-2012 09:28 PM

I have sewn on mine very little but I'm thoroughly enjoying it. I like the rounded front which helps keep the fabric straight. I haven't done any of the fancy stitches yet except just playing.

granny216 06-04-2012 01:23 PM

Thanks for the comments. I haven't decided on it yet but they said they will give me a nice demo when the new shipment arrives before I buy...