Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Skipping stitiches on embroidery machine (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/skipping-stitiches-embroidery-machine-t101441.html)

Raggiemom 02-20-2011 12:25 PM

4 Attachment(s)
I'm having some trouble with the new Janome 11000 and suspect it's something very simple. All I was embroidering was a simple redwork design. The lettering came out fine, but then the snowman seems to have skipped stitches on the front and doesn't look right on the back to me. Any suggestions?

back of design
[ATTACH=CONFIG]136986[/ATTACH]

back of piece
[ATTACH=CONFIG]137067[/ATTACH]

Front
[ATTACH=CONFIG]137068[/ATTACH]

Front
[ATTACH=CONFIG]137069[/ATTACH]

amma 02-20-2011 12:32 PM

I would try rethreading the machine, check for anything in the thread path and clean out the bobbin area really well :D:D:D

JudyG 02-20-2011 12:37 PM

One of the big reasons for skipped stitches with embroidery machines is dust in the bobbin race. Clean out your bobbin race, rethread your machine and if that hasn't helped, you might need to change your needle. Good luck.

NanaCsews2 02-20-2011 12:54 PM

Maybe you already do this: Before embroidering, I always spray down the machine with canned air. Include the needle area and especially the bobbin area. For each project, change the needle. Embroidery machines use fast stitches, so the needle must be sharp, and should be an embroidery needle. A titanium needle is a good one for embroidery. A small little nick in the needle can cause the fabric to catch when embroidering. The skipped stitches look like a needle issue, but also looks like a tension issue too. I always practice on a piece of cloth similar to the one embroidering before I go to my final project.

leatheflea 02-20-2011 12:58 PM

It looks to me that you may have a top tension problem, too loose.

Maride 02-20-2011 01:09 PM

Try to set the machine to the default tension it came with when you purchased it. I think you may have a tension problem. Also, are you using a new stabilizer? Some stabilizers may cause the stitches to skip as well as the thread to break. Embroidery machines can be very sensitive to threads in the bobbin area. It may require professional service to get it cleaned. A tiny thread buried deep inside can cause a huge problem.

jemma 02-20-2011 02:01 PM

sew out the same again--?fault in digitising will show the same place fault----?shredding of thread [thinner section] good luck

sandyo 02-20-2011 02:04 PM

A new needle may help

Raggiemom 02-20-2011 04:08 PM

I've put in a new needle, cleaned out the bobbin area, rethreaded it and it's still doing the same thing. I emailed the dealer to see if she has any other ideas. I don't get why the text is fine and it skips stitches on the snowman though. I might try it again tomorrow when hopefully the sun will be shining. Thanks for all your suggestions! :)

quiltmaker 02-20-2011 04:20 PM

It looks to me like your having tension problems with the threads looking like they do. Whenever you have those loops like that on the back it is the tension.