Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   sleep at home retreat! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/sleep-home-retreat-t158864.html)

Scissor Queen 10-08-2011 03:48 AM

This is a new one for me. All the retreats I've been to I had to drive somewhere. This one is just across town at the local college so everybody gets to sleep at home. It keeps the cost way down too! At the meeting Tuesday I think they said there are 35 signed up for this retreat so it should be lots of fun.

I have 176 square in a square blocks ready to put together. We'll see how many I can get done in two days!

Hen3rietta 10-08-2011 03:50 AM

This sounds like a wonderful idea. I'm going to mention it to my guild. Thanks.

deedum 10-08-2011 04:07 AM

I am having my own retreat. I like sleeping in my own bed and since I have a nice sewing room, my friends want to come over to sew. I have several guest rooms available, they will sew and spent the nite. Yep, nothing like sleeping in your own bed. I like the idea of keeping the cost down.

dkabasketlady 10-08-2011 04:14 AM

Sounds like a good idea!

brushandthimble 10-08-2011 04:18 AM

I have done this with a couple of friends. We had great fun, got alot done, and DH was the cook :)

Originally Posted by deedum
I am having my own retreat. I like sleeping in my own bed and since I have a nice sewing room, my friends want to come over to sew. I have several guest rooms available, they will sew and spent the nite. Yep, nothing like sleeping in your own bed. I like the idea of keeping the cost down.

GingerK 10-08-2011 04:32 AM

Just talked to my sister last week about joining her and our older sister at one of these. They have been going to this specific retreat for years. It is in April and I am already planning on what project to bring.

Have fun and let us know how it all went.

May in Jersey 10-08-2011 05:02 AM

Originally Posted by deedum

A few months ago when our plans to join some of my quilting friends at a retreat in Lancaster PA fell through my sister and I had a At Home retreat at my house for the weekend. We got a lot of quilting done and had a great time. DH didn't cook for us but we ordered pizza on Friday night. On Saturday we sewed again and in the afternoon took a trip to Lancaster to shop and stopped to say Hello to the gals and guy retreating there. It was my sister's first trip to the area so we had have a tradtiional Amish meal before heading home.

blueangel 10-08-2011 05:51 AM

Sounds like fun

Mad Mimm 10-08-2011 05:51 AM

My LQS does these kinds of retreats - they work really well and are far more affordable than the go away variety. In fact, they are the only ones I CAN afford! Enjoy and good luck on your project!

irishrose 10-08-2011 08:37 AM

My LQS offers that option at their Spring and Fall retreats. I think you lose some of the camraderie of spending time with fellow quilters, but it does make it more affordable and the dogs don't need to be boarded, so that's a plus.